- CrackBerry Newbie
- 2 Posts
public library ebook downloads
I am a very new Blackberry user and I am very confused with this whole public library ebook downloads, I have downloaded from my public library there app for blackberry, its called Overdrive, I have then downloaded a book from my library to my Blackberry, I see a message come up asking me to save it, so I do, but I cant seem to now find where it goes????? I have gone back to Overdrive app, nothing there, I have tried files, nothing there, I have tried Adobe Reader, nothing there.....Any suggestions would be very appreciative
- 12-13-2012, 03:33 PM #2
Have you installed overdrive from app world on the playbook?
Then go to adobe and get an adobe ID with the same email address as your playbook BBID
Use Get Books within the overdrive app to download the book from the library into overdrive.
You have to search for your branch and put in your library ID.
You do all the management and reading from within the app.
Here are some helpful links from overdrive, the screen shots seem to be from phone version but functionality is the same:
How to download audiobooks and eBooks using a BlackBerry PlayBook
How to authorize OverDrive's mobile app for BlackBerry using an Adobe ID
How to use the 'Get Books' feature of OverDrive's mobile app for BlackBerry
- By solomon_grundy in forum PlayBook Android App SideloadingReplies: 29Last Post: 03-02-2012, 12:16 AM
- By rpm_1509 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 8Last Post: 01-11-2012, 10:51 AM
- By solomon_grundy in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 17Last Post: 12-02-2011, 09:16 AM
- By Goonie12 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 4Last Post: 11-24-2011, 03:04 PM
- By jhard in forum BlackBerry Pearl 81xxReplies: 2Last Post: 03-23-2008, 11:14 PM