Hey everyone,

I've noticed while browsing the threads about PlayBook, that lot of us PlayBook owners have a hard time finding the native apps that work even harder when it comes to Android apps that still work. There are a lot of threads but getting a list of all is hard. Hunting for apps becomes impossible task, and it requires you to browser countless thread. From our experience, most of use have stumbled on some app that works, but most people don't know about it.

I think that it would be useful to make the list of apps per category and keep them in this topic, so that we could actually have a place to checkout what apps are still usable and it works. For example the list of categories would go something like:

Audio: Kalemsoft Player, Nobex Radio, NFB, Songs Finder, Top Music
    Video: Kalemsoft Player
    Gaming: What's The Movie, Yachty Deluxe, Kiwi Wonder, 9mm HD
    Development:
    Communication:
    Utilities: Battery Guru, Beyond Voice Recorder, KeepassB, BB Protect Portal
    Productivity: PDF Reader, PlayCloud, BSSH Pro Handy Scanner, Fill and Sign PDF Forms, PDF Creator Ultimate, Files & Folders, Ghost Commander File Manager
    Browser: Origami, Fast Browser, Dolphin Browser
    Other:

Of course, feel free to remember to tell me what categories should be added and apps classified by it.
    Regarding the Android apps, it would be best to have them added in the following form: Name:Version. Example: Facebook Lite 6.0.0.7.138
    That way, we will know the version that still works. In case that there is newer one, the old one gets replaced by it as long as it works.

The main reason of making this thread is because PlayBooks can be useful. Instead of sitting somewhere unused, we could at least have a PlayBooks that are usable to some extent or in some particular category, depending on what's your planned use.

Feel free to respond with app names and suggestions.
    Last edited by Nikola Stojic; 05-08-16 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Update
    05-01-16 11:04 AM
    Audio/Video: Kalemsoft
    Productivity: PDF Reader, PlayCloud, BSSH Pro

Posted via CB10
    05-06-16 10:10 PM
    Audio/Video: Nobex Radio, NFB, Songs Finder, Top Music
    Productivity: Handy Scanner, Fill and Sign PDF Forms, PDF Creator Ultimate, Files & Folders, Ghost Commander File Manager
    Maps/Travel: OsmAnd
    Business: Kcast Gold Live
    Games: What's The Movie, Yachty Deluxe, Kiwi Wonder, 9mm HD
    Browsers: Origami, Fast Browser, Dolphin Browser
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    05-06-16 11:15 PM
    Updated first post. This way I hope we can get PlayBook to be more useful for anyone that has it now, or gets it through bargain sail, or already has it somewhere unused.
    05-08-16 05:20 AM
    Evernote version 5.8 build. Note taking. Still works great android app

Splashtop Remote 1.1.0.22. Great remote computing

Jwlibrary version 1.5.4.217 last working version on playbook. Research app. Multiple bibles translations and languages android app

Cascarun v 1.7.90. Exercise monitoring app

Stereotube. music playing downloading songs from you tube to your playbook

Posted via SilverSlab
    Nikola Stojic likes this.
    05-12-16 08:22 PM
    Productivity: All android sideloads:
    - Box ver 1.8.1.1
    - Dropbox ver 2.3
    - OneDrive ver 1.2.1
    - Note Everything ver 4.2.8 excellent text editor with cloud and print association. (works with my Brother multi-function)
    - Kijiji ver 1.8.0
    - E-Bay ver 2.6.0.98
    - Stock Exchange ver. 1.4
    Last edited by brookie229; 05-12-16 at 08:47 PM.
    05-12-16 08:31 PM
    Ttt

Posted via CB10
    10-18-16 07:40 AM
    Audio - Jango

Posted via CB10
    10-19-16 05:48 AM
    Looked because I was wondering if it was worth even keeping the thing anymore. It's such a great tablet... never ever had any performance issues with it at all.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-03-16 05:04 PM
    GPodder for Podcasts

Productivity task managers include Task List, Task Tree, and Conqu

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 08:12 PM
    Evernote version 5.8 build. Note taking. Still works great android app

Posted via SilverSlab
    Any idea where to get the bar file for Evernote 5.8 thanks
    12-17-16 09:38 AM
    Here is one source: https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/8988/ but download and install at your own risk.
    12-17-16 09:44 AM
    Here is one source: https://www.apk4fun.com/apk/8988/ but download and install at your own risk.
    Thanks for the link. It would not connect to the Internet once I side loaded it.

Sent*from*my**Z10
    12-17-16 12:54 PM
    Thanks for the link. It would not connect to the Internet once I side loaded it.

Sent*from*my**Z10
    Ok--I don't use Evernote so was not sure whether it would work or not but there are many old versions there so I thought it might be worth a try. Sorry it did not work for you.
    12-17-16 01:18 PM
    Ok--I don't use Evernote so was not sure whether it would work or not but there are many old versions there so I thought it might be worth a try. Sorry it did not work for you.
    No worries. Thanks for trying and thanks for the Box bar it works like a champ.

Sent*from*my**Z10
    12-17-16 02:20 PM
    I mainly use Conqu.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-16 07:52 PM
    Hey everyone,

I've noticed while browsing the threads about PlayBook, that lot of us PlayBook owners have a hard time finding the native apps that work even harder when it comes to Android apps that still work. There are a lot of threads but getting a list of all is hard. Hunting for apps becomes impossible task, and it requires you to browser countless thread. From our experience, most of use have stumbled on some app that works, but most people don't know about it.

I think that it would be useful to make the list of apps per category and keep them in this topic, so that we could actually have a place to checkout what apps are still usable and it works. For example the list of categories would go something like:

Audio: Kalemsoft Player, Nobex Radio, NFB, Songs Finder, Top Music
    Video: Kalemsoft Player
    Gaming: What's The Movie, Yachty Deluxe, Kiwi Wonder, 9mm HD
    Development:
    Communication:
    Productivity: PDF Reader, PlayCloud, BSSH Pro Handy Scanner, Fill and Sign PDF Forms, PDF Creator Ultimate, Files & Folders, Ghost Commander File Manager
    Browser: Origami, Fast Browser, Dolphin Browser
    Other:

Of course, feel free to remember to tell me what categories should be added and apps classified by it.
    Regarding the Android apps, it would be best to have them added in the following form: Name:Version. Example: Facebook Lite 6.0.0.7.138
    That way, we will know the version that still works. In case that there is newer one, the old one gets replaced by it as long as it works.

The main reason of making this thread is because PlayBooks can be useful. Instead of sitting somewhere unused, we could at least have a PlayBooks that are usable to some extent or in some particular category, depending on what's your planned use.

Feel free to respond with app names and suggestions.
    A mi juicio, no sería mejor un emulador Android más actualizado y ya está.
    La PlayBook tiene potencia de sobra para que pudieran incluir un simplemente emulador.
    Digo yo!!!
    02-08-17 04:15 AM
    Hace años que el desarrollo para PlayBook OS terminó, de hecho tampoco pueden hacer eso, y si no fijate en BB10, que tampoco le pueden actualizar el "emulador"
    Y no, la PlayBook no creo que tenga potencia de sobra, es hardware viejísimo.
    Saludos
    02-09-17 05:56 PM
    Hi how do you install apk files into playbook. For example the apk files I downloaded from apk4blackberry.com. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 03:52 PM
    You don't. Those apk files are for Blackberry phones, not the Playbook. Apk files need to be converted to bar files before they can be sideloaded on your Playbook, and likely most of those apps will not run on the Playbook even after being converted.
    02-13-17 04:44 PM
    Hi how do you install apk files into playbook. For example the apk files I downloaded from apk4blackberry.com. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Posted via CB10
    You can't install APK's on the PlayBook, only BAR files

Come learn the science that FBI, CIA, Interpol, & Fortune 500 companies are using by visiting our channel. Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn all about behavioral sciences.
    02-13-17 05:10 PM
    Productivity: All android sideloads:
    - Box ver 1.8.1.1
    - Dropbox ver 2.3
    - OneDrive ver 1.2.1
    - Note Everything ver 4.2.8 excellent text editor with cloud and print association. (works with my Brother multi-function)
    - Kijiji ver 1.8.0
    - E-Bay ver 2.6.0.98
    - Stock Exchange ver. 1.4
    Anyone have BAR files stored they can share with us who still love the PlayBook?

Come learn the science that FBI, CIA, Interpol, & Fortune 500 companies are using by visiting our channel. Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn all about behavioral sciences.
    02-13-17 05:14 PM
    OK, anyone can guide me how to sideload bar files? Sorry for my ignorance...

Posted via CB10
    02-13-17 09:52 PM
    OK, anyone can guide me how to sideload bar files? Sorry for my ignorance...

Posted via CB10
    Sure bud:

Desire to become a human lie detector? Join The KUQO Group at C002EFE5D and learn how to never be lied to again.
    peregrineay likes this.
    02-13-17 09:54 PM
    May be worth a try to work on the Playbook and stretch a little more use out of it.
    02-28-17 09:27 AM
34 12