I was wondering if anyone could tell me the easiest way to post a tweet via the Playbook? I see I can send a tweet to a particular individual from the messages app but I can't seem to find a way to send out a general tweet / update.

I was using Blaq as a client for a few but it appears to cause twitter to give me a "rate exceeded" message so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

What does everyone use? Suggestions / help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    09-18-12 10:14 AM
    While the messages app for the PlayBook will allow you to send and receive direct messages, it won't allow you to post a general tweet to the masses. Hopefully a native twitter app is released with PB OS2.1 or at the latest, BB10

Currently, as far as native twitter apps are concerned, I have found Blaq to be one the better apps. I'm not sure why you're having the "rate exceeded" message though. Have you tried contacting the developer? I believe they're even on CrackBerry, so it may make it easier to reach. What version of Blaq are you running?

BlackBird is also another native twitter app that I use. While it may not be as smooth as Blaq, I've found it to be adequate, depending on your usage habits.

Both Blaq and BlackBird are paid apps however.

If you are familiar with sideloading, or willing to learn, I've found that Twitter for Android works really well and even integrates nicely with the PB's notification system. Also, Scope Beta is a nice twitter app, although I find its almost more buggy then its worth. If you've used SocialScope on your smartphone, Scope Beta is updated version for tablets and smartphones.

If not, I've found that the web browser works just fine for twitter, short of notifications.

Depending on your usage habits for twitter, any one of the above mentioned apps should help until BlackBerry releases an official Twitter app for PB OS2.1 or BB10
    09-18-12 10:51 AM
    Tweetcaster is by far the best twitter app I've side loaded.
    09-18-12 11:18 AM
    Cool. I've got some options to try, thank you!
    09-18-12 11:40 AM
    I was wondering if anyone could tell me the easiest way to post a tweet via the Playbook? I see I can send a tweet to a particular individual from the messages app but I can't seem to find a way to send out a general tweet / update.

I was using Blaq as a client for a few but it appears to cause twitter to give me a "rate exceeded" message so I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong there.

What does everyone use? Suggestions / help appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mike
    That error:

1. Delete the Blaq APP
    2. Go to the Twitter website (and login)
    3. Go to: Options -> Applications -> Delete Blaq (and maybe all of the others)
    4. Reinstall Blaq, and re-verify your Twitter account.

That'll fix it
    cmscritic likes this.
    09-18-12 02:01 PM
    sideload Twitter
    09-19-12 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD