Somethings I've noticed although they might not be due to this build as this is my first venture into 2.x

who does one report these too?

Documents to Go replaces (for want of better words), Excel and Word - but powerpoint is no longer there. Docs to go has three coloured sqaures in it's icon so implies it's been left out for now?

The main menu bar doesn have all, featured, meadia, blackberry bridge anymore. All apps are in one place.

the main menu bar has become very thick - why?

when you bottom swipe an app so it shrinks to the middle of the tablet you no longer can scroll through the other apps without using the up arrow so the menu bar rises up and fills the whole screen - again why change to this?

Under the settings menu (top swipe) the keyboard option has nothing in it.

Video chat no longer connects - anyhow, video chat doesn give you the option to reverse the picture.

App World currency is in dollars - how to change back to sterling - lanuguage, date and time set to UK etc.
    Last edited by blockbuy; 12-28-11 at 06:02 PM. Reason: more
    12-28-11 06:00 PM
    Edit. another one

When using docs to go and you want to browse to your phone - if the phone has a lock enabled there's no way within docs to go to enter the phone password to allow access
    12-28-11 06:02 PM
    who does one report these too?
    It's not the kind of beta OS that is really looking for feedback and bug reports. It is not intended for us to test the OS and find bugs, it is merely designed for App Developers to test their Android apps in a working environment instead of a simulator. The fact that we get a sneak peek at OS2 is just a bonus.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-28-11 06:34 PM
    far enough - hopefully things get captured then?
    12-28-11 08:14 PM
    For some strange reason, i upgraded to.6149 and after a few days of using the new OS, it suddenly reverted back to .4869. This happened to me twice already. Anyone else notice this?
    12-29-11 10:10 AM
    hey, what i've found is if you select an icon and hold for a couple of seconds you getbthe icons to wobble which means you can move them. as this beta has the top bar of the apps now blan (no all, media,favorite.blackberry bridge) you can drag icons up to it effectively creating your own top bar.
    was that there with version 1?

battery charging -been to pub for 3 hoursleaving pb charging -only 50% added inthat time......thats not a lot imo. whats the expectations for a full charge time

cursor keys -please lets have them on the keyboard so its quicker go corre t typos etc

auto correct - onotherdevices auto correct is there, like auto putting a capital letterafter a full stop. would be nice.

browser.....browserseems much quicker with this beta compared to 1.0.8
    12-29-11 06:17 PM
    hey, what i've found is if you select an icon and hold for a couple of seconds you getbthe icons to wobble which means you can move them. as this beta has the top bar of the apps now blan (no all, media,favorite.blackberry bridge) you can drag icons up to it effectively creating your own top bar.
    was that there with version 1?
    Wat I like even more is to put Folders on the top bar. After they get wobbly, drag one app icon onto another and it will make a folder. Such a better way to organize, IMO
    12-29-11 08:06 PM
    Wat I like even more is to put Folders on the top bar. After they get wobbly, drag one app icon onto another and it will make a folder. Such a better way to organize, IMO
    yes, buy all accounts thats andriod thing. also someone says lauching the folder will launch everything in it on andriod. going to test that now
    12-30-11 07:45 AM
    yes, buy all accounts thats andriod thing. also someone says lauching the folder will launch everything in it on andriod. going to test that now
    folder wont launch, just opens. how can you empty a folder? you can move icons from the folder to the top bar only and when the bar is full theres nowhere to move any further icons too.

all good fun finding things out
    12-30-11 08:35 AM
    folder wont launch, just opens. how can you empty a folder? you can move icons from the folder to the top bar only and when the bar is full theres nowhere to move any further icons too.

all good fun finding things out
    You empty a folder by deleting the folder itself from the homescreen. Long touch til its "wobbly" and hit the little x. There will be a pop up says "The folder will be deleted and the applications inside will be returned to the homescreen"...

Dunno how to just remove one app from the folder as thie above method empties the whole thing.

Re-name the folder by opening it, then from within folder view press and hold the icons till they wobble, tap the folder name and you get a pop up box... OR press and hold the folder name and get the same pop up box...
    blockbuy likes this.
    12-30-11 01:25 PM
    App World currency is in dollars - how to change back to sterling - lanuguage, date and time set to UK etc.
    Did you ever get this resolved? Only reason for me not downloading the Beta now.

Thanks in advance.
    12-30-11 03:58 PM
    Here is my input:

1. Blackberry bridge icons are blank
    2. Camera WILL NOT WORK. Screen is black.
    3. I get error "4003 picture" when attempting to take a picture
    4. No background images??

What I love about it so far:
    1. The docks are great, I've always hated the categories.
    2. Cleaner layout
    3. Camera is quicker to capture picture compared to OS1
    12-30-11 04:44 PM
    You empty a folder by deleting the folder itself from the homescreen. Long touch til its "wobbly" and hit the little x. There will be a pop up says "The folder will be deleted and the applications inside will be returned to the homescreen"...

Dunno how to just remove one app from the folder as thie above method empties the whole thing.

Re-name the folder by opening it, then from within folder view press and hold the icons till they wobble, tap the folder name and you get a pop up box... OR press and hold the folder name and get the same pop up box...
    cheers - to remove one app just grab it when it's wobbly and drag it to the top menu bar - the assumption is you have a free spot on that bar ;-)

I'll try the delete folder option. cheers
    12-31-11 07:56 AM
    Did you ever get this resolved? Only reason for me not downloading the Beta now.

Thanks in advance.
    if I get charged $1 rather than �1 for the same app I'd be happy ;-)

It's an app world thing by the looks - doesnt stop me.
    12-31-11 07:57 AM
    BBM doesn't appear to work with this beta. I get the message "Blackberry bridge plug-in for Blackberry messenger does not exist or your version of Blackberry messenger does not support blackberry bridge". Has anyone gotten BBM to work?

I would be content 1.08 were it not for my desire to have the Kindle app.

CORRECTION: BBM works now - I had to update the version on my Blackberry Bold to the latest version and now BBM bridge works fine.
    Last edited by sjfwhite; 01-01-12 at 11:04 AM.
    01-01-12 10:10 AM
    takes too long to bootup, 2mins i think

youtube app CRASHES, freezes
    01-01-12 11:35 AM
    Wifi connections not stable. Keep freezing randomly, then I have to reconnect it manually...
    01-03-12 03:43 AM
    "Bridge Files" app may be missing but you can still get to the files using DocsToGo and tapping browse.
    I have the same issue. However, after I modified any word or excel files, I can't save or save as another files on the BB (I know it is not possible to save them on PB). I got an internal error (9).

That's really bad for me as I need PB to read docs, allow me to modify them, save then email to client/colleagues....

Please help. Thanks.
    01-11-12 08:55 PM
    I have the same issue. However, after I modified any word or excel files, I can't save or save as another files on the BB (I know it is not possible to save them on PB). I got an internal error (9).

That's really bad for me as I need PB to read docs, allow me to modify them, save then email to client/colleagues....

Please help. Thanks.
    Do you have encryption enabled on your BB's sd card?
    01-11-12 08:58 PM
    Do you have encryption enabled on your BB's sd card?
    No. I don't have encryption enabled on my BB9800 for both device and media card.

However, I do have Password enabled on my BB.

Thanks.
    01-11-12 09:19 PM
    browser would crash if playing a flash video that is concatenation of multiple parts. for example, if a video is spited into 4 parts, uploaded to server, and have a flash player that plays all 4 parts as one video.

I noticed that every time you hit 2nd part, the memory from the 1st part is NOT RELEASED. the previous part will sit in the RAM. as I hit the 3rd part, the free memory is decreased under 100mb and by the time it finish loading 4th part the browser would crash(or flash, with the wired fence image, but mostly just crash). so it goes something like this:
    free memory: 300mb ->200mb ->100mb->crash.

I have no idea where to submit such bug to rim, as I cannot find any thing says "bug report" other than support.
    01-11-12 11:05 PM
    I can't take a screen shot anymore (pressing volume +&-).
    01-12-12 07:30 AM
    I thought it was my playbook that was bad since I never actually ran 1.0.8 before upgrading to 2.0 (right out of the box). But I just put 1.0.8 on and my camera works fine. In 2.0 it only works once then requires a reboot. Fail!

I'm going to try 2.0.4 and see if that works
    01-12-12 08:27 AM
    I can't take a screen shot anymore (pressing volume +&-).
    Mine works fine.
    01-12-12 10:49 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD