I like Dolphin browser a lot and I find myself using more. however I cannot enable flash in it on playbook, which is deal breaker for me. sucks that dolphin developer has not ported dolphin to qnx yet. I am using latest 8.2 version.

Sent from my BlackBerry Playbook using Tapatalk 2
    07-28-12 07:44 AM
    Dolphin has been ported to the PB, but, no, none of the android browsers have working flash.
    07-28-12 02:00 PM
    Dolphin has been ported to the PB
    No it hasn't. The Android version has been converted. When the OP mentioned "port to QNX", they meant creating a native version.

Anyway, there is no working Flash player for the Android runtime on the PB. (Flash on Android uses native code, and the Android runtime on the PB does not support native code in Android apps, so Flash doesn't work). Theoretically, RIM could add support (have a custom version of Flash built in to the Android runtime) in the future, but there are more important things to focus on, both inside and outside the Android player.

Inside it, internet access is currently much slower in Android apps than native (this is the main reason I still use the native browser over Dolphin). In addition, upgrading the version of Android in use to 4.0/4.1 instead of 2.3 would make a few more app compatible and would also allow use of "tablet mode" for apps, instead of simply running apps designed for phones enlarged. Finally, adding support for native code (via a dynamic recompiler or something) would probably allow apps like Skype and Netflix to work, which would make a lot of people happy (this should in theory also let Flash work, but RIM could possibly also get a custom version of Flash recompiled to work in the Android runtime as-is [or close to as-is]). All these things I have listed in order of what I guess would be easiest to the hardest (coincidently, that is the inverse of most important to least important IMO ) Outside Android player, they could vastly improve the native stock browser and work on getting BB10 ready ASAP. And yeah, this last paragraph have been a bit of a rant and not really related to your question. Sorry about that
    07-28-12 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD