View Poll Results: Can 2.0 live up to my expectations?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • YES - it will be all that and a bag of chips

45 59.21%
  • NO - unless it comes...with a NEW CAR! (ala price is right)

4 5.26%
  • In the middle, it will have some things but still will probably be missing others.

27 35.53%
    So I haven't posted in quite some time, but all this 2.0 talk in the media has me getting excited.

I wiped my PB yesterday without backing up anything really or reinstalling any apps just to remember what a newer playbook was like...which got me even more excited for the update.

Now I ask...
    01-20-12 04:58 PM
    i sure hope it does, has lots of cool features coming, but there will always be something missing. i am not a uge complainer about OS 2.0 so i willl be happy with it, but could always be happier i guess, lol.
    01-20-12 05:06 PM
    Ah, nice to see you back awettwell! I'm thinking somewhere in the middle. Not sure which to vote.
    01-20-12 05:13 PM
    Ah, nice to see you back awettwell! I'm thinking somewhere in the middle. Not sure which to vote.
    Same here, I hope its all that and a bag of chips, but RIM history is.....well.....not the best
    01-20-12 05:23 PM
    I know my Android tablet just got a 200 mb update to Honeycomb, and that Ice Cream Sandwich will be coming in the next few weeks.

I also have a PB ...
    01-21-12 04:24 PM
    I'm sure it will have it's ups and down's, like anything else.
    I hope I'm appreciative enough to be happy with it.
    01-21-12 04:30 PM
    I doubt OS2 will really change my overall experience, except for being able to access my email, and having predictive text. Regardless of what features OS2 brings, I'll still be missing out on a bunch of apps that would actually encourage me to use a tablet, rather than just turn it on when I need to google something randomly. It'll still be quite some time before the PlayBook is up to par with everyone else in terms of apps and functionality.
    01-22-12 03:27 AM
    Ive only had my playbook for a few days and I'm already starting to not like it much. I've tried out the beta build and it works but theres not much you can do with it. The biggest issue I'm having is apps, anything I want is way more expensive than buying on android or even ios and simple stuff like Zinio, Im aware its coming soon but for now I dont have it
    01-22-12 04:43 AM
    I'm in the middle on this. I hope they deliver all they have promised this time.
    01-22-12 04:58 AM
    core features will be up to expectations, additional features (think Skype and other widespread applications) will be missed, but hopefully they will follow.
    01-22-12 05:40 AM
    It will live up to everyone's expectations. For those who want to whine, they will always find something about which they want to complain so their real expectation can always be met. For those who want the billed features, those have been pretty well spelled out. There is not much about which one should be surprised when it it released....
    01-26-12 03:35 AM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    it will be epic!!! .. can't wait!!
    01-26-12 03:39 AM
    I think just the simple fact that having 2.0 opens up App World to a ton of Android apps is pretty darn cool.
    01-27-12 06:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD