I had no complaints with checker boarding, podcast issues or battery issues before the most recent update. Since updating I have checker boarding often but I can blame Internet service for that, I guess. Podcasts won't download and battery drains fairly fast. I've rebooted several times and hard reset several times as well. Any ideas?
    05-10-12 08:22 PM
    Ok, I had similar issues and all have fixed themselves. Here's my suggestions. Try and see if it works for you.

TO FIX STANDBY BATTERY DEPLETING ISSUE WHILE STILL ON WIFI:

*Check free memory space available

- my issue happened mostly when free memory was less than 1 gb
    - go into settings/options, about, and select the HARDWARE from pop-down menu
    - check in there to see what amount of memory
    - there is a reason these problems occur mostly on people with 16gb Playbooks
    - we run out of memory soonest (before the people who use 32 and 64gb versions)

FIX:

Erase stuff you don't use. Especially magazines or downloaded stuff. For example, one of my "multimedia" Zinio magazines used 0.5gb of space! Also, music, videos, some huge games take up room. Erase and free up AT LEAST 1gb of space.

TO FIX PODCAST ISSUES:

*Turn off Wifi, load Podcast app, then turn on Wifi Again

- Happened to me too, would show "green circle" forever and wouldn't load
    - Podcast app was working fine before

FIX:

Turn OFF the wifi. Load up Podcast app... it will get past the green circle, but then complain it has no internet connection. However, you will be in your "My Podcasts" section. NOW turn on Wifi and it will update.

Please try these and let me know if it works.

My Playbook is now running PERFECTLY FINE. Simple but strange things!
    05-21-12 10:46 AM
    Thank you! The podcast fix worked.

I am not sure about others, but I think my problem started when I received another update in February after the OS 2.0 update. I was traveling in China at the time and I think the update I received broke my Podcast app because it is not supported (allowed) in China. The fix has Podcast working even in mainland China, though slowly and on a limited basis
    06-05-12 03:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD