hey everyone! its been awhile since ive been on this side of the pond.
    I recently purchased a blackberry playbook off of craigslist, now for some reason I am unable to log into the device without the original owners ID info.. I am also unable to get the information,
    Everytime I try to restore and update, I am unable to use those options in desktop manager,
    so my main question is, is there anyway to force the playbook to do a reinstall of the OS? without having to have access to the initial OS and without desktop manager support!

I dont want to sound desperate..
    but please help! i feel like ive wasted so much money..

thank you for your time.
    11-29-11 07:13 PM
    Search the forums for de-bricking your playbook. Essentially turn your PB off and then plug it into your computer. This will re-install the os fresh and make your PB like new out of the box.
    11-29-11 08:20 PM
    thanks for the respond!
    I just did that actually but I ran into another problem, Im getting error "2012"
    I've done some research and it seems that i may be SOL. has there been any solution for this error?
    11-29-11 08:43 PM
    The BlackBerry Technical Support Center has a knowledge base article (KB26732) - BlackBerry PlayBook OTA software loading error codes, which lists the various error codes for the BlackBerry PlayBook. Also, the official BlackBerry support forums have a thread about this error. If BlackBerry PlayBook Technical Support has no record in the databases for the serial number (SN) or personal identification number (PIN) for this tablet, it is possible the tablet was stolen before being distributed to an authorized retailer.
    11-29-11 10:15 PM
    Check if your serial number is listed here
    http://crackberry.com/rim-recalling-...-if-yours-list

Other things to look here for more info
    Blackberry PlayBook 2012 Error : How To Fix it | Best Blackberry
    11-30-11 01:02 AM
    Hi, I found a playbook at the mall. Because there was no identification and the playbook was locked I self rebooted the machine by entering an incorrect password 10x's.
    When I tried to reinstall the OS, I get the error 2012. I believe the Serial number of the device doesn't match the Blackberry ID registered to the Blackberry provisioning servers.

Is there any one that knows how to reset the device so that it's usable?
    12-09-11 09:33 PM
    I think you will get suggestions to try returning it to the person who lost it. Place and ad, return to Mall lost&found or police. Otherwise, good luck
    12-10-11 11:01 AM
    Now I know that the unique PIN that is used to register the Playbook actually works to prevent a lost or stolen unit from being registered again. It becomes a useless brick. I would contact RIM's customer service to see if the unit has actually been reported lost or stolen and if not, what my options are. If it has, you are probably SOL.

As for Craiglist, I have used that service and have gotten burned a few times. I no longer use it. Lately, it has become downright dangerous to deal on Craiglist.
    12-10-11 01:40 PM
    Hi, I found a playbook at the mall. Because there was no identification and the playbook was locked I self rebooted the machine by entering an incorrect password 10x's.
    When I tried to reinstall the OS, I get the error 2012. I believe the Serial number of the device doesn't match the Blackberry ID registered to the Blackberry provisioning servers.

LOL.. you can enjoy your new paper weight. possibly Somehow manage to maybee get it working via hours of research only to have a most likely reported l/s device with GPS tracking possibilities lol.. return it and make somebody's xmas
    12-11-11 06:09 PM

Wow. Can't imagine finding and keeping someone else's Playbook. Would definitely turn it in to lost and found....but that's me...
    12-11-11 11:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD