Just got a BB PRIV from Vodafone UK and thought PB would still be useful to tether to PRIV, either by wifi or bluetooth.

First tried wifi. However, PB just not interested in connecting to PRIV wifi hotspot. All I get after the 3 attempts at associating is "Authentication timed out. Please check your password and try again."
    Both laptop and android tablet, Tesco Hudl, connect perfectly.

Then tried Bluetooth. Both PRIV and PB seem to pair fine. But when I try an connect PB to PRIV I don't see the two green arrows.
    Tried to tether . Added the profile for Vodafone UK - Contract and all I get is BB STV100-4 not found. Which is v strange.

PRIV on Android 6.0.1 security patch Oct 2016, PB on OS 2.1.0.1917.

So a little stumped and a shame. Looks like PB is heading for the bin.

BB Bold 9790 and PlayBook bluetooth bridge works perfectly.
    Last edited by colinstone; 10-12-16 at 06:56 AM.
    10-12-16 05:57 AM
    because these two devices are different OSes, could that be the issue? I never tried to pair my PB with an android....
    10-12-16 12:41 PM
    I doubt if they were intended to connect through Bridge - that was strictly meant to connect PlayBook with legacy BBs and BB10.
    11-23-16 08:07 PM
    No issue here connecting my PlayBook to BlackBerry Android via Mobile Hotspot.
    11-23-16 08:48 PM
    Never been able to get Bluetooth to work on PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    11-24-16 09:12 PM
    Posted via CB10
    Can you define what you mean by "work" pls?... Do you mean you're not able to turn it on or pair with audio devices, or BlackBerry Bridge with a BlackBerry phone?

Posted via CB10
    11-28-16 03:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    Bluetooth function on the Playbook is rudimentary at best with it's v2.1 spec. About the only thing you can do with it is play and share audio files.
    11-29-16 11:12 PM
    I think the4g pb is 3.1
    11-30-16 04:22 PM
    Connecting to the hot-spot connects the devices?
    I thought connecting my PB to the data network via the hot-spot on my Passport was simply an Internet connection.

It shouldn't give one access to the host device.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    12-07-16 03:48 PM
    Connecting to the hot-spot connects the devices?
    I thought connecting my PB to the data network via the hot-spot on my Passport was simply an Internet connection.

It shouldn't give one access to the host device.

Chris - Posted from my PP SE on CB10
    Correct. But OP was only looking to tether.
    12-07-16 04:13 PM
    About the only thing you can do with it is play and share audio files.
    Also works great paired with my Maplin mini keyboard - very useful for Excel spreadsheets & Word documents. I also have a Bluetooth mouse which pairs OK with PB, but drops out after a while if used at the same time as the mini keyboard.
    BT use for audio files works flawlessly with my JBL speakers, & audio/video sync is perfect unlike with my Leap.
    12-08-16 05:32 AM
    Just got a BB PRIV from Vodafone UK and thought PB would still be useful to tether to PRIV, either by wifi or bluetooth.

First tried wifi. However, PB just not interested in connecting to PRIV wifi hotspot. All I get after the 3 attempts at associating is "Authentication timed out. Please check your password and try again."
    Both laptop and android tablet, Tesco Hudl, connect perfectly.

Then tried Bluetooth. Both PRIV and PB seem to pair fine. But when I try an connect PB to PRIV I don't see the two green arrows.
    Tried to tether . Added the profile for Vodafone UK - Contract and all I get is BB STV100-4 not found. Which is v strange.

PRIV on Android 6.0.1 security patch Oct 2016, PB on OS 2.1.0.1917.

So a little stumped and a shame. Looks like PB is heading for the bin.

BB Bold 9790 and PlayBook bluetooth bridge works perfectly.
    You might have found a solution to this already, but in case you haven't and for others who might be experiencing similar issues tethering the PB to the Priv, in the Priv's wifi hotspot settings, set it to 5GHz and try connecting again and it should work without issue. When it was set to 2.4GHz I was getting the same problem as you. Bluetooth tethering doesn't seem to work full stop.
    12-08-16 07:14 AM