Now that the Playbook OS10 drama is starting to die down, I am wondering about an alternative option to get the PB upgraded. I know the probability of rooting and installing alternate OS's on it are very slim, I also know that there is no real "usable" build of OS10 to put on the PB, and obviously there is no official OS10 coming to PB. What I am curious about is if it is possible to make a hybrid FrankenOS. People are doing a lot of this on the OS10 devices, ie side loading apps (ie Evernote) extracted from 10.2 onto 10.1, playing with radio versions extracted from 10.2 on 10.1. I understand that the PB OS and OS10 are not the same OS, despite the fact that there are a lot of similarities, at the very least the OS's are cousins. There are a lot of great features in OS10 that are likely tied tightly to the core OS itself and likely cannot be extracted from OS10 and side loaded to PB, but the one piece of OS10 that is probably most important to the PB is the Android runtime. The Android in OS10 will work with side loaded versions of a number of apps such as Netflix etc. (really not trying to start another Netflix thread)

OK the short version of this is, is it possible to extract the Android Runtime from one of the OS10 builds and side load it to the PB?

For that matter has anyone tried to see if other parts of OS10 can be separated from the OS and sideloaded into the PB to breathe some more life into it as a FrankenOS?
    07-03-13 08:01 PM
    There have been so many threads on this in the past several days, I'll get to the short answer and explanations can be found all about. Currently, the answer is no to the several ideas that you are suggesting.
    07-03-13 08:05 PM
    Closest thing we can get is a upgraded bb10 bridge that can be used as a functional share screen on the playbook.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    07-03-13 08:23 PM