- 02-13-2013, 05:56 PM #102
Did notice a marginal improvement in browser performance. The loading bar is definitely not staying at the third-way point for pages that seemed to take forever to load, even on high-speed connections. I'll check later if this holds for a "lite" connection.
I noticed no difference in e-mail accounts.PlayBook 64GB, PlayBook 32GB (gone the way of my Coleco ADAM)
- 02-13-2013, 06:45 PM #106
Re: PlayBook update coming today!
Updated and I don't notice any difference in both browser speed or anything else performance-wise.
All in all, it's much ado about nothing, but it is nice to know that they haven't abandoned us PB users.
Now just have to wait for BB10!
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
- 02-13-2013, 06:54 PM #108Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
the 50K CrackBerry challenge
I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
- CrackBerry User
02-13-2013, 06:56 PM #109
- 87 Posts
I ran browsermark 2.0 before and after the update and got 1894 before update and 1976 after, so about a 5% improvement there. Not sure how much benchmarks translate to real world browser performance though. It feels faster, but could be power of suggestion.
- 02-13-2013, 07:39 PM #111911 takes too long, a squeeze of the trigger will solve the problem...and I can save minutes...when seconds count...
- 02-13-2013, 09:07 PM #113
After the update I can't seem to send pictures from my phone to my playbook to view.
E.g. View a picture on my BB9810, go into the menu and click on "Open on Playbook"
It not just opens the pictures app on my Playbook and doesn't show the picture. (It was going into a loop trying to get me to enter my password for my BB over and over again, but it stopped doing that, but still doesn't do what I want it to)
- CrackBerry Abuser
02-13-2013, 09:46 PM #116
- 484 Posts
I've got two PlayBooks and am updating one of them now. The download was ok, but the install was slow.
Interesting though, PB 1 is now downloading a full 406 MB update for 18.104.22.1686 after installing the 133 MB update! And this PB was stock with no new apps from a recent wipe.
- 02-14-2013, 01:08 AM #121
Nothing to see here...as usual.
I think any improvement in browser speed comes more from having cleared browser cache and rebooting more than from this "upgrade". I fully expect all lag to return after a few hours use as it always does. I always found it funny that Crackberry loads slowest on BB devices. I use Ghostery on all my desk and lap top browsers, which blocks tracking scripts. A typical website has three or four different tracking scripts blocked, while crackberry has 11 or 12!
And people wonder why the checkerboarding is so bad...HTC One Mini and Blackberry Playbook 64GB
- By jr4941 in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 165Last Post: 11-23-2011, 11:41 PM
- By Jake Storm in forum PlayBook Apps & GamesReplies: 2Last Post: 08-19-2011, 11:29 PM
- By bb.pl in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 79Last Post: 06-18-2011, 01:08 PM
- By rroyy in forum BlackBerry PlayBookReplies: 89Last Post: 05-03-2011, 12:16 PM
- By imann101 in forum BlackBerry StormReplies: 12Last Post: 11-24-2008, 10:01 AM