I've looked around and searched and couldn't find the answer

for the sake of continuity both devices are 16gigs

with a 16gig playbook on os 2.1 after a fresh security wipe how much space is available ?
    with a 16gig Z10 with bb10 after a fresh security wipe how much space is available ?

just looking for the actual overhead space of both os'es because id like to compare how much has actually changed from 2.1 to bb10 or how little has changed other than the UI.

and to compare how different TabletOS10 is from BB10
    CaptainGoodnight likes this.
    04-04-13 08:38 AM
    I don't have the z10 so I'm not sure, and my PlayBook shows 14.7gb free out of 16gb
    04-04-13 11:13 AM
    I don't have the z10 so I'm not sure, and my PlayBook shows 14.7gb free out of 16gb
    thank you, and if I must say Holy crap that is one incredibly efficient OS.

here's hoping Z10 owners will cue in witj their data
    04-04-13 01:38 PM
    thank you, and if I must say Holy crap that is one incredibly efficient OS.

here's hoping Z10 owners will cue in witj their data
    I too don't have a Z10 (yet), but it appears to have roughly 11.4GB out of the box.

Losing Z10 Storage Capacity / Free Space not incre... - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ut-box-787740/
    04-04-13 03:47 PM
    wow that's a huge jump from pb2.1
    04-04-13 03:59 PM
    this sucks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    04-04-13 05:03 PM
    this sucks

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    considering I have all the apps and such I want on my playbook I'm happy don't know about you but I'm good hahaha I still got 6.5 gigs after bb10 that's if its not slimmed down
    04-04-13 05:47 PM
    It is difficult to tell exactly how much space is lost to the OS vs how much is lost to the OS and pre-installed carrier/partner apps. What also matters are what functions the PB will not have that the Z10 has (that is sure to reduce some size).

I expect to lose 2 or 3 GBs (already loss 2 from the current system/format) on my PB. It sucks a bit, but shouldn't hurt too much for me. Remember that 16GB models were discontinued anyways, so BB are focusing on the 32 and 64 models. Losing a bit because of a larger OS doesn't have as much of a bad effect on the PBs that are selling now. As for the 16GB phones, well they have expandable memory which should lessen the "sting" in the future when more apps are able to be installed on sd cards.
    04-04-13 06:18 PM
    It is difficult to tell exactly how much space is lost to the OS vs how much is lost to the OS and pre-installed carrier/partner apps. What also matters are what functions the PB will not have that the Z10 has (that is sure to reduce some size).

I expect to lose 2 or 3 GBs (already loss 2 from the current system/format) on my PB. It sucks a bit, but shouldn't hurt too much for me. Remember that 16GB models were discontinued anyways, so BB are focusing on the 32 and 64 models. Losing a bit because of a larger OS doesn't have as much of a bad effect on the PBs that are selling now. As for the 16GB phones, well they have expandable memory which should lessen the "sting" in the future when more apps are able to be installed on sd cards.
    very true, but I have a 16.gig playbook and I have 8.5 gigs free with a handful of games in the 700-800mb range so when I finish them I delete them I will free up another like 3 gigs. so I can stand to lose an extra gig and a half. so 11.5 gigs.plus all my otjer apps I can.stand to lose some
    BerryClever likes this.
    04-04-13 07:27 PM
    I have Z10 and 64gig PB. My Z10 still has 10.7gig free of 16gig and I use my SD card to store pics, music. Lots of space...fast as a whip. Being able to use SD card is a huge plus. Still use my PB but not as frequent.

Posted via CB10
    BerryClever likes this.
    04-04-13 09:56 PM
    Just wondering how safe playbook os2.1 is compared to Linux OS (on a PC) when browsing the internet?
    Can someone give me a rundown of the security hardware/software etc.?
    thanks!
    04-22-13 09:35 AM
    It should technically be on par (if not better in terms of security). From what I've heard and read, the hardware security is insanely strong on the playbook and hence why no one till date has been able to crack the bootloader and run another OS on it.
    The underlying software, QNX, is based on UNIX and I would assume that the software in itself is pretty secure (Note that Linux was initially a UNIX clone).

I am sorry that I could not give a more quantitative response but the thing is that you shouldn't really have to worry much. I could be wrong though. While the OS in itself is pretty secure, it is possible that the browser has some serious bug which could make your web data (Web logins would be the primary concern) insecure. I cannot comment on that though.

Hope that helps a bit at least :P
    fbgh1113 likes this.
    04-22-13 03:15 PM