What is the feasibility of the above-mentioned title?

People seem to be able to put together wonderful BlackBerry 10/10.1/10.2 Hybrids.

Is there anything that could be done with the PlayBook to maybe have the PlayBook Core OS or the BB10 Dev Alpha core and then put other elements on top of that?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-13 03:25 PM
    Best that our people could do was load Dev BETA 10.0 and 10.0.9. Anything past that bricks the PlayBook.

The OS is designed not to allow for system files to be loaded and work unless they are on the right OS version. So, mixing up OS files will probably result in a brick.

Really. BB10 for PB is not gonna happen.
    07-24-13 03:43 PM
    Best that our people could do was load Dev BETA 10.0 and 10.0.9. Anything past that bricks the PlayBook.

The OS is designed not to allow for system files to be loaded and work unless they are on the right OS version. So, mixing up OS files will probably result in a brick.

Really. BB10 for PB is not gonna happen.
    It makes you wonder if Blackberry was really spending any effort and time on bringing BB10 to the Playbook. Building the hybrid OS's would have been trivial since support would already be present, afterall they were busting their chops getting it done, right? No, they put every effort into making very sure that it does not run on the Playbook and bricking your device just to get them ready for the landfill quicker.
    07-24-13 04:48 PM
    It makes you wonder if Blackberry was really spending any effort and time on bringing BB10 to the Playbook. Building the hybrid OS's would have been trivial since support would already be present, afterall they were busting their chops getting it done, right? No, they put every effort into making very sure that it does not run on the Playbook and bricking your device just to get them ready for the landfill quicker.
    Personally, I think they did. I believe the CEO when he saidd they tried and it didn't feel good performance-wise. There were way too many hints of BB10 running on PB hardware prior to the announcement it was canceled.

As for building an "official hybrid"... That's what all threads about updated Android Player/Keyboard/Browser are ultimately asking for. It may happen. It may not happen.

As for deliberate bricks... I would reply to that, but I'd lose my ambassador status. ^^
    07-24-13 05:08 PM
    The PlayBook is a wonderful gadget that simply isn't android, yet can run its apps as needed.

Would be nice for them to at least allow the hacky-types to work some magic with, or throw us a bone if they can't do it.

I'm sure that even if it is too slow... people would still love it for the sake of it on a leak.

Posted via CB10
    07-25-13 03:38 PM