Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

1 Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Playbook not connecting to my Wi-Fi

Hi all I'm a newbie on here and I'm at my wits end with my Blackberry..it's a 32GB it flatly refuses to connect to my Wi-Fi in my house..

at first this tablet would connect no probs then it kept dumping the wi-fi..so I asked a couple of friends one advised security wipe .this i did (or should I say 'er indoors did) and lo and behold it started reconnecting..so far so good..a few days ago the tablet did the same after numpty (er indoors) switched off the wi-fi at the router box then switched it on again..the tablet still refused to connect..she did the security wipe again but now all I get is a "BLUE SCREEN" saying..Connect to Wi-Fi and nothing else..it just will not connect please help me Obi Wan..your my only hope..I was directed to this site by a friend..I need to get this thing connected as er indoors has given up with it..her I-phone connects to the wi-fi so we know that side is OK..er indoors being the font of ALL KNOWLEDGE (YEA RIGHT) Computer wise...

YOUR HELP IS REQUIRED...cheersa...ray

What type of security is your router using? How old is the router? Dual band? What channel?

And I may be confused but what is "er indoors?"
    CrackBerry Genius

1,765 Posts
    me down baby!

how far from the router are you?

+1 what security?

i would suggest turning wifi security off if u can and try connecting. make sure you delete the previous settings for wifi and do a fresh reconnect
    CrackBerry Addict

814 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    And I may be confused but what is "er indoors?"
    "'er indoors" is English colloquial for wife / better half / Mrs / SWMBO - originating from a Brit comedy / drama series called Minder (just as SWMBO originated from a Brit drama Rumpole of the Bailey).
    Last edited by Wongsky; 01-22-13 at 02:41 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

250 Posts
    Global Posts
    252 Global Posts

Setting a static IP address on my Playbook fixed the wifi issues that I was having so you may want to try that.
    Doesn't Matter

89,595 Posts
    Global Posts
    89,750 Global Posts

Take it somewhere with free wifi, get it setup then trouble shoot your issue at home.
    CrackBerry Genius

2,534 Posts
    Global Posts
    2,537 Global Posts

From setting, delete your Wife, I mean your Wifi... turn-off your PB... then, turn it on again... then from setting again, try to reconnect your Wifi...