I just turned on Playbook and at the password screen before I even touch it to log in my password, various letter turn blue and auto types in 2 to 3 characters and then the enter symbol is pressed all by itself. It is doing this all without me even touching the PB.

Now because of this it is up to 5 incorrect entries. I shut it down via the power button because its gonna get to 10, and at 10 I believe it will wipe everything. I am on OS 2.1.840.

Any feed back as to what's going on or how I can stop this before it gets to 10?
    The only thing on the screen is the clear screen protector that has been on since day 1.
    09-20-12 02:47 PM
    Sometimes, ungrounded sockets have caused phantom screen touches. Similarly, having it plugged into a circuit with a number of other items - microwaves, cell phones, other (not just that socket but the entire circuit).

And closeness to plasma tv's can cause such interactions. You have Bridge and/or Bridge Remote going on a bb phone?

Try it again.
    09-20-12 03:05 PM
    Sometimes, ungrounded sockets have caused phantom screen touches. Similarly, having it plugged into a circuit with a number of other items - microwaves, cell phones, other (not just that socket but the entire circuit).

And closeness to plasma tv's can cause such interactions. You have Bridge and/or Bridge Remote going on a bb phone?

Try it again.
    93Aero likes this.
    09-20-12 03:05 PM

Try it again.
    No Bridge is not connected, and it wasn't plugged in to anything. I'm in my vehicle waiting on a client nothing on except my BB on the seat next to me.

Just don't wanna turn it on and it does another 5 phantom log ins and locks itself.
    Thanks F2.
    09-20-12 03:12 PM
    It could be some electrical component in the car or the vicinity is emitting a charge that's affecting the pb. There are a few videos of a pb in the vicinity of a plasma tv doing all kinds of gyrations. Good luck.
    diegonei and 93Aero like this.
    09-20-12 03:37 PM
    It could be some electrical component in the car or the vicinity is emitting a charge that's affecting the pb. There are a few videos of a pb in the vicinity of a plasma tv doing all kinds of gyrations. Good luck.
    Thanks gonna have to wait til I get to a computer to check further, to much info to process even on the bolds screen. The good things is everything is backed up on the PB on my pc except a couple of movies.
    09-20-12 04:58 PM
    Good lord your PlayBook needs a priest!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    09-20-12 05:50 PM
    Turn your PB on and do a hard reset. That fixes most odd problems.

At top if PB hold both + and - keys down, simultaneously hold poetry button down until the screen goes blank. Release all keys and allow it to reboot.

What version OS are you on?
    93Aero likes this.
    09-20-12 06:04 PM
    Turn your PB on and do a hard reset. That fixes most odd problems.

At top if PB hold both + and - keys down, simultaneously hold poetry button down until the screen goes blank. Release all keys and allow it to reboot.

What version OS are you on?
    Thanks, I'm on 2.1.840 as stated, in doing this will it wipe everything.
    09-20-12 06:58 PM
    Good lord your PlayBook needs a priest!Click to view quoted image

Sent from my BlackBerry 9670 using Tapatalk
    I know right! I've heard of the cursor moving on its own in the bright sunlight on the cell but this is crazy. Its funny I wasn't spooked till you put that thought in my head.
    09-20-12 07:02 PM
    Thanks, I'm on 2.1.840 as stated, in doing this will it wipe everything.
    Reboots don't wipe devices. Give it a try, but I'd get out of the car and see what the PB does...
    93Aero likes this.
    09-20-12 10:02 PM
    Thanks everyone, I took a chance a did the reboot and the issue has gone away.

Must have been some interference as to my location. That was the first and only time its happened, Thanks again everyone.
    09-21-12 11:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD