Ok so I got home today and unlocked my Playbook to find my email opened up with a random blank email to send, a random game of gems open, the book reader open, the web browser on some random websites i never goto and the history showing facebook login page had been on 3 4 times and well as some microsoft login page and the asda website and my pictures open on a random photo. Now this totally does not make sense unless my dog has somehow figured out how to use Tablets I have no clue how these things opened and did all that.
    Does anyone know how this could have happened have I been hacked somehow? Very confused here.
    08-22-12 07:20 PM
    Some people have had the touch screen go wild while charging. It is usually caused by a faulty outlet or power bar.
    08-22-12 07:28 PM
    I'll Charge it overnight with wifi off and see if something similar happens in the morning,
    it was not charging during day, I guess touch screen could be developing a fault.
    08-22-12 07:32 PM
    Ohhhh.. My.. God.. He's back, the ghostberry, haunting all those whose choose to use blackberries... Run like **** then leave your playbook password on a piece of paper next to it and send me its coordinates.

I will thus decontaminate the device and mail it back as soon as my "testing" is complete, *wink wink cough*.
    Last edited by antiRIM; 08-22-12 at 08:40 PM.
    08-22-12 07:33 PM
    Other posters have found such gremlins using their PB when the PB has been left behind... it has been deduced that this happens when the PB trys to mate with a Plasma TV..

Was your PB left near your TV?
    08-22-12 08:20 PM
    I doubt it was hacked (not even sure if thats possible given bb security.) The first reply is probably right, if the touch screen goes nuts you could end up with a load of web pages and apps open and running without you messing with it. If it really does look like something fishy then back up yor files and try the security wipe feature, thats the best way I could think of to prevent future problems
    08-22-12 09:06 PM
    Anyone else fall asleep with the playbook next to them and wake up and look at it and see "incorrect password" attempt 6 of 10 .. And your just like ..
    08-22-12 09:26 PM
    This is why you should NEVER leave your playbook....... NEVER
    08-22-12 09:27 PM
    Need to investigate
    I just bought a Playbook via ebay (no retailers have them and am in RIMs hometown Waterloo ). This is my 3rd playbook for the family.
    Security wiped twice before i upgraded to the current firmware.
    There has been no issues.
    Left the playbook idle (not charging) - but conected to wifi as always.
    It was 1:00 am Friday (March 30 2013)
    The playbook was on the sofa side table.
    Freak show started exactly at 1:00 am - The playbook was in its case upside down and I heard the keyboard - as if somebody is typing.
    Flipped the playbook screen up to see WTF is happening.
    My facebook app was launched and the keyboard was up - on the status message text box.
    The moment I touched the screen - the typing stopped.
    The text was like this "ljsjvfgjfgjsgfjfjjesfjpws church ;afjpwefkjewfk[k04"
    No just panicked - I almost fainted. It was like a ghost show for me. Cancelled the message-closed facebook app and was wondering what happened.
    And while I was looking at the tablet - the video chat app launched (I never used it) - and I saw myself on the screen !!!!

I had to calm myself and switched off the playbook immediately.

To my experience - I am 100% sure that the device is hacked Still confused.
    03-30-13 02:01 PM
    Sounds like electromagnetic interference:

03-30-13 02:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD