Usually to take a playbook out of standby mode you swipe bezel to bezel. In my case I just have to tap the screen and it comes out of stand by, the battery drains much faster, because they playbook isn't actually "sleeping". I've had this problem before and a simple security wipe fixes it, but this time the problem still remains after a wipe.

Any suggestions?
    03-10-12 06:39 PM
    I use my playbook to keep me occupied at work, and which maybe a few days in a row. I however will leave it untouched in my backpack for a couple of days. I have never had a problem with battery drain as I press the "Lock" selection and away I go. I recently ordered the fast charger for it as it stays hooked up while I am using it. I never power it off. I do have it in the OtterBox case for protection.
    03-10-12 07:31 PM
    Usually to take a playbook out of standby mode you swipe bezel to bezel. In my case I just have to tap the screen and it comes out of stand by, the battery drains much faster, because they playbook isn't actually "sleeping". I've had this problem before and a simple security wipe fixes it, but this time the problem still remains after a wipe.

Any suggestions?
    Are you jumping to conclusions about the power drain here?

Unless yours is defective (a possibility), it's only responding to a tap like that when it's actually on the charger. That's how 2.0 works... when it's off the charger, it should still require the full swipe. Is yours different?
    Spencerdl likes this.
    03-10-12 09:43 PM
    Are you jumping to conclusions about the power drain here?

Unless yours is defective (a possibility), it's only responding to a tap like that when it's actually on the charger. That's how 2.0 works... when it's off the charger, it should still require the full swipe. Is yours different?
    you were right, it was because it was on the charger
    peter9477 and yauchunh like this.
    03-10-12 10:05 PM
    This "wake up" is new to OS2.0, it come in handy when charging......I like it, especially when my PlayBook is on the rapid charging dock
    03-10-12 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD