This sounds like a N00b question I know.. But I updated to 2.0, wiped everything and it still does nothing when plugged into pc. Only way is if I turn off the Playbook and then plug it in. That way I was able to wipe and install the OS without OTA.
    And I know it isnt my PC or the cable. If I plug in my friends Playbook the PC recognizes it right away. But not mine.
    Hardware issue? I have only owned it for a few months and this never used to happen.
    02-25-12 01:54 PM
    Well, randomly my WiFi will stop working and I am required to reboot to get it working. Apparently after a reboot now it works when connected. Pretty damn buggy to me.
    02-25-12 02:08 PM
    what version of desktop manager are you running?

and if you have all those problems you may have a defective unit..
    02-25-12 02:33 PM
    Updated version.. Reinstalled everything then it worked. But after reboot the playbook it stopped. Man this is driving me absolutely nuts. Now the Wifi is broken. Is there a better way to reset/wipe the unit?
    02-25-12 05:41 PM
    It has to be a software issue. If the PB is off and I plug it in the computer it recognizes it right away. When its on it wont even charge from the computer only the plug
    02-25-12 05:44 PM
    turn off your firewall and try it again.
    02-25-12 06:27 PM
    Not firewall.. Even if I had one it would only be set for network not usb. And my buddies PB works all the time.
    Why would the wifi randomly stop working?
    02-25-12 06:29 PM
    windows firewall.
    02-25-12 06:39 PM
    I dont use a firewall. Regardless, I find the update software so inconsistent. I reset, downloads/installs the firmware and reboots the playbook. Sometimes it needs to download/install addition files (23Mb in size).
    The next time I reset it requires 305Mb of addition files lol. I uninstalled and reinstalled Blackberry Desktop software already and it made no difference. Im wondering if this has anything to do with it being rooted from before.
    If nothing else works Im taking it back. I love it when it works but all this stupid crap is really annoying and should never happen.
    02-25-12 07:00 PM
    Sweet!! New problem. Mail keeps downloading even after I set up the sync date. 7 days and 400 emails. I change it to 3 days and it starts to delete them. After a few minutes it starts to download it again. What a effing joke!!
    02-25-12 07:53 PM
    Go to Settings/Storage & Sharing

Try setting "USB Connections" to "Connect to Windows" instead of "Automatically Detect".

My Vista PC won't detect the Playbook with "Automatically Detect" set.
    02-26-12 03:34 AM
    Usb is not the lest of my worries now. Fresh install of OS 2.0 and after it goes to sleep no applications will open. Reboot device and everything works. Wait for the sleep cycle and it locks up. Man this thing is turning into junk fast
    02-26-12 07:15 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD