Hi, my playbook ran out of charge and now won't charge correctly, upon turning the playbook on I get one red light which fades, then the playbook attempts to start up, only to fail halfway through and return to a black screen. I've tried stack charging, which has been an absolute pain with a playbook that wont stop trying to boot itself up, and I've managed to get it to the point where it has ONE green light which fades, and a "Plug.. Arrow.. Lightning bolt" symbol which then quickly fades away to a black screen. What does this mean?

I'd be very grateful for any help and advice as this is truly frustrating. Thanks.
    02-02-14 04:25 AM
    Hi Fevvy and welcome to the CrackBerry community !

Are you using the genuine PlayBook wall charger (yellow usb connector) or a spare one ?
    Is your USB connector somehow loosy ?

Let us know,
    Cheers
    SF
    02-02-14 07:38 AM
    I'm using the genuine wall charger which came with my playbook. I've checked the connection and it doesn't seem loose at all.

Thanks.
    02-02-14 07:48 AM
    Fevvy, if your PB is 100% dry, you may have to wait up to 1/2 hr for the minimal charge (don't try to boot it in the meantime).
    Have you already left it alone charging for such a time ?
    02-02-14 08:32 AM
    I've had it on charge for over 1/2 hours, the playbook keeps booting itself up then just goes back to a black screen halfway through the boot up process. There's no sign that it's charging, aside from the plug, arrow and lightning bolt symbol which appears, then disappears within seconds.

Thanks.
    02-02-14 08:41 AM
    I've had it on charge for over 1/2 hours, the playbook keeps booting itself up then just goes back to a black screen halfway through the boot up process. There's no sign that it's charging, aside from the plug, arrow and lightning bolt symbol which appears, then disappears within seconds.

Thanks.
    Tried to "unuke" it ? (warning: all data lost, unfortunately)
    Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook also fixes bricked devices | CrackBerry.com
    02-02-14 09:07 AM
    You can try stack charging. Plug the charger in a power strip that has an on and off switch. Turn it on for 2 minutes then off for 2. Repeat this several times for at least 15 minutes or more. On your last on leave it on and alone for a couple hours.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    02-02-14 09:11 AM
    You can try stack charging. Plug the charger in a power strip that has an on and off switch. Turn it on for 2 minutes then off for 2. Repeat this several times for at least 15 minutes or more. On your last on leave it on and alone for a couple hours.
    that procedure I was searching for ... thanks kbz !
    kbz1960 likes this.
    02-02-14 09:18 AM
    I'll give stack charging another go and let you know how it goes. If it doesn't seem to fix it I'll try factory resetting.

Thanks.
    Superfly_FR and kbz1960 like this.
    02-02-14 10:09 AM
    I'm not having any luck stack charging at the moment, any other tips would be useful before I try factory re-setting it as I'd like this to be an absolute last resort thing.

Thank you for your advice so far
    02-02-14 04:41 PM
    Update: I've attempted to factory reset but I can't complete it because I can't turn my tablet on to enter my password, which it wants me to do right at the end.

I'm slightly stuck as to what to do now, any suggestions?

Thankyou
    02-08-14 05:52 AM
    I had the same issue that you have Fevvy with charging my Playbook last year and was able to resolve it by purchasing a rapid charging dock from Amazon. I have had no issues with charging my Playbook since. Please follow the thread below for additional information. My comments begin at post #22 in the forum/room. I hope that it helps you.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...t-boot-825283/
    02-08-14 10:13 AM
    After leaving my PlayBook discharged for six months, I had to leave it on charger over night to bring it back to life. Could this be the trick?

Posted via CB10
    02-09-14 06:12 AM
    It's been on charge for almost 96 hours straight, with no change
    02-10-14 03:36 AM