I recently upgraded from a Pearl 9105 to a Bold 9790. However I cannot get my 9790 and Playbook to connect.

After I have paired them and confirmed the security code is correct on both devices, neither show as being connected to the other. My Playbook says "No connected device" for example.

My Pearl never had this issue!

I have cleared the Playbook of all paired devices (my PC, bluetooth keyboard, Pearl phone etc) and have tried initiating the pairing from both the Playbook and the Bold 9790, but it always ends up with neither being connected.

I have also restarted both devices following a pairing, but still no joy.

When I go into the Bluetooth Connections on the 9790 it will occasionally flash up that it's connected to the Playbook and I'll get a flash of the blue light from the LED indicator on the phone, this appears to happen once every 2 mins or so.

In the Device Properties on the 9790 for the Playbook I have changed Trusted : Silent and unticked the Encryption option, but neither change appears to have made a difference.

Suffice to say I am frustrated by this! Does anyone have any ideas what may be going on?

Playbook has O/S 2.0.1.358, while the 9790 is 7.0 bundle 2254 (7.0.0.528)
    04-22-12 10:19 AM
    Have you done a HARD RESET (NOT battery icon) on the PlayBook and a battery pull on the phone....just offering suggestions
    04-22-12 10:25 AM
    How do I do a hard reset on the Playbook??

I will try a battery pull on the phone.

I have just connected the phone to my PC and the Blackberry Desktop Software via Bluetooth without any issues and the flashing blue light is appearing on the phone, so the issue doesn't appear to be with the 9790.
    04-22-12 10:27 AM
    Just found out how to do a hard reset on the playbook, so disregard my previous question
    04-22-12 10:31 AM
    HARD RESET ; hold down power button, volume controls (+ & -) at the same time for about 15 to 20 seconds, wait two minutes and resume (turn on)
    04-22-12 10:31 AM
    Hold down the volume up (+), volume down (-), and power button at the same time. Make sure that you are holding them for about 15 seconds.
    If you are unable to press them at the same time then I would recommend you to first hit the volume up key then the volume down key and then the power key. This would be much easier
    04-22-12 10:33 AM
    Are you using the bridge app on your phone to pair or bluetooth?
    04-22-12 10:33 AM
    Having done the hard reset on the Playbook AND the battery pull on the phone I still was having no luck pairing both devices via Bluetooth. However my HP Touchpad and my 9790 became best of friends via bluetooth!

However then I read kbz1960's comment and was wondering where on the 9790 the bridge app was as I'd never found it during my navigation through the 9790's menus. Suffice to say it wasn't installed on the phone - I swear I'd installed it on Friday when I was setting up the phone after unpacking it from it's box! Anyway, now that's installed they are both now connected and working!!

So anyway, now I'm embarrassed myself on these forums I'll skulk off, but not before thanking people for their suggestions!!!
    04-22-12 10:58 AM
    No problem....we all make mistakes, yours is just very FUNNY
    04-22-12 11:14 AM
    Having done the hard reset on the Playbook AND the battery pull on the phone I still was having no luck pairing both devices via Bluetooth. However my HP Touchpad and my 9790 became best of friends via bluetooth!

However then I read kbz1960's comment and was wondering where on the 9790 the bridge app was as I'd never found it during my navigation through the 9790's menus. Suffice to say it wasn't installed on the phone - I swear I'd installed it on Friday when I was setting up the phone after unpacking it from it's box! Anyway, now that's installed they are both now connected and working!!

So anyway, now I'm embarrassed myself on these forums I'll skulk off, but not before thanking people for their suggestions!!!
    We all have those days LOL. Glad it was an easy fix.
    04-22-12 11:16 AM

Try to uninstall and reinstall blackberry bridge in the APP World?
    05-03-12 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD