Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
    CrackBerry Addict

Default Re: Playbook App Manager

Quote Originally Posted by CrackOp View Post
    I wonder if this is the right forum for this. Correct me if it's not. Thanks.

If you are a developer and use Chrome or Firefox, I've created something that makes app management quite easier. Actually it was done fairly early, but I was just too lazy to publish it.

Check here if you're interest in:
    Playbook App Manager
    I just started using it the other day and it is great (before I read this post). I didn't use it as an app manager but to sideload apps. So much easier to sideload with this on a Mac than any other method I used in the past! Thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,824 Global Posts

Where do you find this extension for Firefox?
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by ralfyguy View Post
    Where do you find this extension for Firefox?
    I use it for Chrome and found it in the Chrome Web Store (it is free). Just loaded up FireFox and on the default Firefox's version of Google homepage, there is a row on the bottom that says "Downloads" "Bookmarks" "History" "Add-Ons"... click on "Add-ons" and search for "PlayBook App Manager".

I personally cannot find it on FireFox right now to give you the link, or even confirm it, but it should be there. I have so many blocks and a strict firewall that I cannot search for any add-ons or extensions. But I think you should be able to find it that way. Hope that helps.

EDIT: I turned off the blocks and firewall to find it and cannot. Then looked at the FAQ page and saw:

"Q: Why the setup for Firefox is so complicated?
    A: Because this software was originally only a Chrome extension, and I don't have the time to create another complete extension for Firefox. However, you may do so by yourself if you would like to."

I don't know what the added steps are, but it might be easier to just install Chrome and use that. It is a pretty good Browser. At worse, if you installed Chrome but don't like it, just use FireFox for everything except sideloading/managing your apps.... just use Chrome for that.
    Last edited by BerryClever; 10-09-2012 at 01:41 PM.
    CrackBerry User

This is a great extension, thanks for posting it. Not only is it easy to use, but it managed to sideload several apps that previously weren't transferring to my Playbook. I'll definitely be using this from now on.

OKAY!!!! I had installed Chrome ages ago and never used it! So re-reading this thread as it refreshes with new posts, I figured what the heck. Had lots of trouble connecting to my pb - could not get an ip address that worked. Finally, messing around and fixing my static ip address (lost in the OS 2.1 upgrade), I got it working. Nice simple showing of what's installed. I will look it over more a bit later.

Wish it were easier to add to Firefox since I don't really use Chrome but there's already tons on my computer used very infrequently.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention yet again.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Installing apps

Thank you for the Playbook App Manager. Excuse my ignorance but I can't seem to figure out how to install the apps from the Chrome Web Store. I know it's drag and drop but I must be missing something. I can see the Add to Chrome button but this of course just adds the app to my Chrome page. In addition, can you install apps from Google Play with this app?

Thanks.

Kent
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thank you for the Playbook App Manager. Excuse my ignorance but I can't seem to figure out how to install the apps from the Chrome Web Store. I know it's drag and drop but I must be missing something. I can see the Add to Chrome button but this of course just adds the app to my Chrome page. In addition, can you install apps from Google Play with this app?

Thanks.
    You get the apps from somewhere like goodereader.com as .bar files and use this chrome based extension to move (sideload) them from the pc or mac to Playbook. Read the extension notes.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    OKAY!!!! I had installed Chrome ages ago and never used it! So re-reading this thread as it refreshes with new posts, I figured what the heck. Had lots of trouble connecting to my pb - could not get an ip address that worked. Finally, messing around and fixing my static ip address (lost in the OS 2.1 upgrade), I got it working. Nice simple showing of what's installed. I will look it over more a bit later.

Wish it were easier to add to Firefox since I don't really use Chrome but there's already tons on my computer used very infrequently.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention yet again.
    Easy way to work out what IP address to use... You are in developer mode, and so you have a little white icon which is a half man with a star on his chest near the battery and wifi icons. Tap it and you get the correct IP. No matter if you are on usb or wifi (wifi is slicker)
    CrackBerry User

I love youuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

Thanks! Thanks!! Thanks!!! Thaaaannkkssss!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,045 Global Posts
    PIN
    2*****A

Quote Originally Posted by bennyflyby View Post
    I installed this last night and love it. But after using it and closing the (Playbook app manager) tab, the next time i went to use it I couldn't find it again, no shortcut anywhere. I had to go through my Chrome:settings:extentions ect and click on options to open it up again. Is this normal or is something missing from my installation?
    You should bookmark that page for future use.
    DJ
    Twitter @djr3yes
    BBM Channels C000124E24
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    959 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It

The script won't install and yes Greasemonkey is enabled. The script screen just stays resident on the screen after clicking on install. Any suggestions?

ScreenShot002.bmp
    Last edited by PowderJockey; 12-10-2012 at 05:57 PM.
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.3.0.296/442 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    288beaf3

Help my blackberry torch 9860 wont boot up any Soloutions
    CrackBerry Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by CrackOp View Post
    I wonder if this is the right forum for this. Correct me if it's not. Thanks.

If you are a developer and use Chrome or Firefox, I've created something that makes app management quite easier. Actually it was done fairly early, but I was just too lazy to publish it.

Check here if you're interest in:
    Playbook App Manager
    +1 keep it up!
    CrackBerry User

Thanx a lot for nice extension which synchronizes playbook with my Laptop . Cheers
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by F2 View Post
    ...Wish it were easier to add to Firefox since I don't really use Chrome but there's already tons on my computer used very infrequently...
    I'm using this marbelous thing from firefox on linux and mac. I't easy at extreme to configure.

I'll never say thanks enough for this!
    CrackBerry Abuser

I have been dealing with the developer on a problem with the extension and Chromium v25, and all I can say is what fantastic support. Full credit where it is due.
    Vas
    Zed30
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    959 Global Posts
    PIN
    24C39500 Have a Z10 and Lovin' It

Got things working. Seems to be quite simple to use. Tried a couple of .apk files and received the error : failure 500 package -id. I'm sure I will figure it out.
    There is no "Crtl+Z" in life.
    Z10 Rocks! BlackBerry 10 for the person on the move.
    Z10 Version 10.3.0.296/442 Playbook Version 2.1.0.1917

Twitter BBM Channel C0002C37C
    #IChooseBlackberry10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Resolved my NON problem with a little assistance from the app's creator...they don't call us newbie's for nothing...thanks George.

Great job, worked perfect the 1st time, installed an app, tried it, didn't like it, then deleted it. Now I can't seem to drag another app over to install it, there's a red X showing as I drag it over... I must be overlooking something.....any idea?....thanks
    Last edited by Shippy59; 01-02-2013 at 08:12 PM.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    561 Global Posts
    PIN
    5011QNX6

It doesn't work anymore for me. Always asks for device password even if correct one is provided (on 3 different pb, 7971, 1032, 1314). Chrome 25.0.1364.45 beta-m and v1.9.3. And it's too strange, I use blackberry-deploy command line tool and it works without problem.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am also facing the same probleme. Have you got any solution for the problem?
    CrackBerry Newbie

help
    I cannot get the app to connect with my pb. page loads that says web page is not available.
    I have development mode on and have tried both wifi and usb but no luck. any ideas

thanks in advance
    norteltre likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having trouble to logging in using this Playbook App Manager. I continuously get the screen that says "Logging In" but I never actually get connected. See the attached screenshot. Playbook App Manager-pbappman.jpg

Please help.

You have enabled Development Mode in the pb's Security Options? That is the correct address for your pb?

Here's the initial screen I see. Then I see the one you posted.

You have enabled Development Mode in the pb's Security Options? That is the correct address for your pb?

Here's the initial screen I see. Then I see the one you posted.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Playbook App Manager-chrome.jpg  
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,347 Global Posts

Same for me:

failure 500 'Package-Id'

Is there nobody who knows how to deal with this?

The install seems to go all the way and then fails at the very last minute with this annoying meaningless message.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast