Been using this for a few days without problems. Few things I discovered.
    I have a lot of contacts and the PB doesn't support groups. I set Chaoshost to just sync my "active" category and made sure I copied a few contacts over to that from my personal group. Much more manageable on the PB now.
    Their mobile site works on both the PB and my 9930. AND I was able to add the different icon links to Address, Contacts, etc to my home screen. Their site only says that works on iPhones.
    Works over Bridge.
    Noticed that there is another way to get data on there from a BB phone- program called AstraSync- which also has a trial but that one costs $50 a year. Android and iPhones can go direct I guess. I'd assume upcoming OS10 phones will too.
    In any event this turned out to be a good short term solution for me since I don't want to deal with Google. I may even subscribe, makes the PB a lot closer to a business tool for me till they update. For now I have till early April, who knows maybe RIM will take care of things by then? Now if I could get bookmark navigation in PDF's I'd be almost set.

You can get this to work for a while as a full sync for free. After trial periods are done you are spending $ or waiting for RIM. So it is not for everyone but for those like me who have or want a google account.

I've been syncing my 9930 with Intellect on my desktop using CompanionLink for a long time.
    I just got a trial version of ChaosHost which syncs with the desktop versions of Intellect or Time & Chaos. You can get a trial version of either Intellect or Time & Chaos, there is a free version of T&C also.

ChaosHost is compatible with the PB. I don't know if I'm going to go ahead with the one year subscription of $99 or just wait till RIM fixes this business.
    For now I have my contacts on the PB and current appts.

CompanionLink is available for several phones and pims.You can get a trial version of CL but for this you need one that syncs to T&C stuff..
    You can get a free program from T&C to tranfer Outlook to it ONCE. There is a sync program for $.
    You can get a one month trial of Chaoshost which will sync contacts and calendar to the playbook.

ChaosHost doesn't officially list the PB but I saw they support ActiveSync so tried it.
    Have had no problems with duplicates. Sync is not instant. I've only had this on for a day or two and not sure of how or if it syncs in both directions well. Calendar items I know go both ways, been fooling with contacts and not sure yet.
    Whatever you do backup data on phone, in T&C etc, so you can restore to what you had. I mucked it up a few times figuring all of this out.

Settings for the PB to connect are. Under advanced settings:
    Description- up to you
    Domain- LEAVE BLANK
    Username- your username at chaoshost
    Email Address- "username" @chaoshost.com
    Password- yourpassword
    Server Address- www.chaoshost.com
    Use SSL-ON)
    Push- I have it on, still playing with it
    The rest are up to you except for
    Sync Email -OFF

T&C ; Intellect available at Chaos Software contact manager email client crm
    Chaos Host at www.chaoshost.com You have to call during business hours to get the free trial activated. Be sure to tell them you are using a playbook and that they really need to do more to support BB's. I'd love to see Intellect or T&C ported to the PB myself.
    CompanionLink is at Sync calendar and contacts on Android, iPhone, iPad, BlackBerry - CompanionLink
    Last edited by mmcan; 03-14-12 at 09:26 PM.
    03-10-12 01:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD