Just got a call from my 'lil sister who's having issues transfering files from PB to PC using wifi sharing.

I asked her to go in the Wi-Fi log and check what was her PB IP address, in order to show her how to map the PB as a network drive on her computer.

She tells me 192.168.0.1... So I tell her, no, that's your router IP, look above where it says IP Address... she tells me 192.168.0.1. Then she tells me she sees the same IP for IP Address, Gateway and Primary DNS.

Why would the PB report its IP Address as being the router's IP?

Her computer is 192.168.0.101, so it doesn't look like a router issue...
    Reboot /Reconnect didn't help.

Thoughts?
    12-11-11 07:54 AM
    Tell her to try deleting the wireless profile of her connection that is saved to her computer and her PlayBook. Reset the router then add them back, computer first, then PlayBook.
    12-11-11 09:10 AM
    No.... the way to properly check the IP address the playbook has from the router is:

From the home screen click the gear in the top right corner.

Click on about, to the right you will see a dropdown that is showing General. Change it to network

Below you will see a IPV 4 address this is the ip address the router has assigned to the Playbook

When obtaining this ip address make sure you are not connected to a PC or you will get different wrong numbers

Also At the end of the Ipv 4 address you may see a "/ and a number" disregard this when setting up wifi sharing.
    01-13-12 10:43 PM
    you can find your playbook ip on the playbook itself. it should be 192.168.0.1xx.

From home screen pull down the drop down menu, choose wifi.
    In the lower left hand cornerof the window that pops up, click the wifi/question mark icon.
    From the next screen, you will see "diagnostic connection" with a drop down menu to the right. Click the menu.
    From the menu that drops down, choose "internet connection" and in that last window that drops you will see your IP.

again, it should be in the format 192.168.0.1xx
    01-17-12 03:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD