CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default PB constantly freezes, very difficult to use

Hi,

Over the past year or so I have been having a lot issues with my playbook freezing. This first occurred on start up. I have a lock screen with a password and I am unable to type anything. I turned off Wifi initially, since I thought it was due playbook trying to connect to wifi hotspots. However, this worked only temporarily, however it started to freeze during use well after start up. I usually have restart 3-4 times or wait an hour or so till the PB actually responds to my input. As you can tell this is extremely frustrating, and virtually makes the tablet unusable. I think this is a great device if I could get it working.
    CrackBerry User

Did you try security-wipe?
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,259 Global Posts
    PIN
    330c56f6

How old is it?
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    931 Global Posts

Default Re: PB constantly freezes, very difficult to use

I have had my PlayBook from day 1. Love it no issues at all...try a security wipe, it sounds like a bad app or a funky install of your current OS. Let us know how it goes!
    Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks guys. I believe I did a back up and restore. But I may need to follow a more precise step by step guide, is there a thread that has this info?

Also I installed "PDF reader" app, maybe that could be the cause?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,049 Global Posts

That's really odd. I wonder if you have a hardware issue. An outright freeze has only happened to me a couple of times in the last year and a half or so and I seldom reboot. Definitely backing up in desktop manager then wipe it and restore it.
    ------------------------------------
    I like how BlackBerry 10 is evolving, but when are they going to fix BlackBerry Link for Mac?

The fact that it doesn't reliably do what it's supposed to do ... most of the time ... is utterly appalling. The only consistency is the "Music not copied to Z10 message"
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    943 Global Posts

I had that happening once in a while, then the browser would freeze and shut down. When it happened more than a few times a day, I did the security wipe, reinstalled the latest OS. Its a very perky machine again. I'm reinstalling by priority my old apps, most of them wont go back at all. I did not use the restore function. If you decide to do this be sure to back everything up first. Good luck.
    HAVE A GREAT BB10 DAY!
    CrackBerry Addict

Coincidentally, mine has been freezing as of late as well...particularly when i'm typing something...then i close the browser (native) and it gets greyed out, followed by a complete freeze where nothing responds...turning it off and on through the power button brings it back to life, but again, this is something that has become more frequent whereas before it never happened...i bought my 16 gig in nov. '11...i'll try the security wipe that people have been suggesting.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: PB constantly freezes, very difficult to use

my browser has akward freeze up as of the latest update ....kinda weird, but...I'm guessing its becaise I have just 1gig left of storage space
    ..maybe your storage is all filled up or something..
    I just had my first RIMISM today!!!!
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Tha.Housewife View Post
    my browser has akward freeze up as of the latest update ....kinda weird, but...I'm guessing its becaise I have just 1gig left of storage space
    ..maybe your storage is all filled up or something..
    Not mine, i have 8 gigs left of my 16g playbook.