I'm confused...the messages app has twitter integration but will OS 2.0 have a native twitter client?
    01-12-12 07:47 AM
    Look at the accounts setting in the system menu during one of the videos. Twitter is integrated there. I believe you will see far more twitter integration as time comes along. Remember, this is still just another step, and one huge one in the right direction. USB OTG, Printing FROM Playbook, etc still not yet announced.
    Last edited by Sith_Apprentice; 01-12-12 at 08:03 AM.
    spike12 likes this.
    01-12-12 08:00 AM
    Whether or not it has a native Twitter client (not likely, I think), note that the "twitter integration" within the Messages app is able to send only Direct Messages to people, not the other kind (referred to in one video as "@ mentions"). It's not a general purpose Twitter client feature.
    highos likes this.
    01-12-12 08:00 AM
    Whether or not it has a native Twitter client (not likely, I think), note that the "twitter integration" within the Messages app is able to send only Direct Messages to people, not the other kind (referred to in one video as "@ mentions"). It's not a general purpose Twitter client feature.
    I had noticed that as well. Someone else had mentioned that the Facebook integration wasn't really all there either yet? Perhaps they don't really have all those aspects quite there yet, but on the bright side once they do add more functionality it will be very easy for us all to get the updates automatically. It's not like Blaq and Lemma aren't perfectly usable in this department right now anyways, considering!

Still, the potential is there for this to be a very solid unified experience-really looking forward to it!
    01-12-12 08:14 AM
    No it doesn't, just put folders on the dock. You do not have to back out of a folder to go to another one then. just hit the one the one you want, and it switches to that folder directly. This gives you 6 "tabs". You are making a big deal out of nothing.
    Are you able to hide the favorites dock altogether?
    01-14-12 07:07 PM
    full active sync over bridge/bes connection or wifi/hotspot only?
    01-16-12 05:14 AM
    Just wondering how long will it take for Apple to steal some if not all the new features that OS 2.0 has…like using your BB as a remote for your PB.
    01-16-12 12:51 PM
    There is something that's bothering me about 2.0. I saw a few video presentations and on each (?) the PB had a flashing LED. Does anybody know if it would be possible to disable the LED? I just don't like the idea of something flashing in front of my eyes when I look at the screen...
    01-16-12 04:55 PM
    There is something that's bothering me about 2.0. I saw a few video presentations and on each (?) the PB had a flashing LED. Does anybody know if it would be possible to disable the LED? I just don't like the idea of something flashing in front of my eyes when I look at the screen...
    The current beta OS has this ability to enable/disable LED notifications, in Settings. It just isn't working on our beta yet.
    01-16-12 05:29 PM
    jeff gadway seems like he is in high school. I would expect a vp to be a bit more polished.
    01-16-12 09:23 PM
    almost forgot... the only thing I kinda wish would be added in sooner rather than later would be some way to plug in USB memory or connect media cards through the micro USB port... but I'm not gonna complain if those things aren't around for this update. Maybe next time, this update is incredible as it is!
    Thumbs up from me. Fingers crossed that RIM will enable USB host on the PB. We know it's possible.
    01-17-12 07:14 AM
    i love that they are using the tungle team, i love the calendars they are gonna make...they are just gonna improve
    01-23-12 10:20 PM
87 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD