So this maybe a premature post but many have gotten to either see OS 2 or try the beta, so what are some requests for features? I am liking what I am seeing and almost every single thing on my "want" list has been covered. But still some simple things could be done. For me one thing that has always bugged the crap out of me with iPad was moving or deleting apps, so for playbook I would love a multiple move/delete feature incorperated!

Anything you want the future of OS 2 to have?
    01-18-12 12:18 AM
    The ability to swap out the keyboard for a custom one.
    If this isn't possible then at least a keyboard with a tab key on it and the ability to long press letters to get numbers (ala Android 2.3 onwards)
    phonegeek#AC and shn'g like this.
    01-18-12 08:46 PM
    More cool Bokeh backgrounds. That should be easy to include.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-18-12 10:11 PM
    Dear RIM, add a mute on the -volume key and restore to original volume on second press!
    shn'g likes this.
    01-19-12 08:49 PM
    Is there a better music player coming?? What great speakers that could be put to MUCH better use with equalizers, 5.1 surround, etc. While were at it, not such a clunky basic music player interface also - back and forth navigation through playlist is terrible.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-24-12 02:27 PM
    Dear RIM, add a mute on the -volume key and restore to original volume on second press!
    You can press and hold the Play/Pause button to mute/un-mute.
    shn'g and cntrydncr223 like this.
    01-24-12 06:02 PM
    For me one thing that has always bugged the crap out of me with iPad was moving or deleting apps, so for playbook I would love a multiple move/delete feature incorperated!
    I'm trying to figure out what you are asking. When you hold down one of the apps, you get the delete/move app state of the screen. You can just tap and delete any app from that point.

Are you saying you want to delete a bunch of apps at the same time?

BTW, in 2.0, you can create folders and drop multiple apps into that folder. Then you can move the folder anywhere you want to.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-25-12 01:17 PM
    Needs a proper .pdf reader. Again today had to use my laptop to open a .pdf of 'bound' files.
    A proper file manager. Currently use a nice one provided free to the community; AIR Browser (thanks Nicolas!)

It is pretty much unconscionable that the PB launched without these. Please RIM end our suffering. After the 2.0 launch I would hope to see RIM provide much more frequent small updates. Virtually every app supplied by RIM could use some tweeking. Like many I am still running 1.0.8 and love my PB; so I'm kind of afraid what I might do to it when 2.0 hits.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-25-12 01:47 PM
    I would like to see more consistency in scrolling in web pages. Some times its nice and responsive and others its sluggish and moves a couple lines. So far the beta doesnt seem to fix it.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-27-12 02:40 AM
    The ability to swap out the keyboard for a custom one.
    If this isn't possible then at least a keyboard with a tab key on it and the ability to long press letters to get numbers (ala Android 2.3 onwards)
    Can easily do this with root.
    Just wondering, what would you have TAB do? Go to next text input?
    shn'g likes this.
    01-27-12 03:12 AM
    I love the playbooks raw power and smooth flash support but I do a spanish podcast at Eldesahogoonline.com and if I cant get some audio editing software, mics, or a descent website editor I'm going to have to get an Ipad. Just for the record I hate apple but I need something to help me work. Audicity mobile or an irig for playbook. something please.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-27-12 06:27 AM
    I'd like videos to pick up from where you left them. If you are in the middle of watching something or inadvertently close the app you start from the beginning again. Infuriating sometimes.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-27-12 08:00 AM
    seems like the right place to ask, but i cant remember reading about it elsewhere:

is there the ability to play music on your playbook thats saved on your paired black berry? I would have thought I'd be able to do so via bridged files, but no dice. I havent been able to do this (im with the most recent official OS 1.8xxx).
    shn'g likes this.
    01-27-12 02:00 PM
    My #1 bug I'd like fixed is when typing in a predictive field on the web browser (e.g., google.com), the keyboard keeps closing. I've posted others in the past, but this seems to be the one I've been wresting with the most lately.
    shn'g and titanjhb like this.
    01-28-12 01:15 PM
    Needs a proper .pdf reader. Again today had to use my laptop to open a .pdf of 'bound' files.
    A proper file manager. Currently use a nice one provided free to the community; AIR Browser (thanks Nicolas!)

It is pretty much unconscionable that the PB launched without these. Please RIM end our suffering. After the 2.0 launch I would hope to see RIM provide much more frequent small updates. Virtually every app supplied by RIM could use some tweeking. Like many I am still running 1.0.8 and love my PB; so I'm kind of afraid what I might do to it when 2.0 hits.
    As per the slides from DevCon Americas it appears that OS 2 will come with a native file manager.

What would like is a native Twitter and Facebook app. None of the Air business. A print app would be welcome as well.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-28-12 01:58 PM
    Id like the os 2.0 to support android skype with video capabilities.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-28-12 02:15 PM
    better keyboard or options for other keyboards, better music player, full bluetooth function, use full potential of bezel eg for scrolling, usb otg, flac, ac3, mkv, remote playbook app for android, better pdf viewer, better browser: zoom with reflow, better intelligence to distinguish click from swipe, no hanging, book mark management. better accessibility options. i will be happy with that to start.
    shn'g likes this.
    01-28-12 06:41 PM
    Id like the os 2.0 to support android skype with video capabilities.
    I want native Skype.
    The multitasking in the android player is not multitasking at all.

Sent from my Playbook
    shn'g and drummer_god like this.
    01-28-12 06:48 PM
    I'd like videos to pick up from where you left them. If you are in the middle of watching something or inadvertently close the app you start from the beginning again. Infuriating sometimes.
    agreed, especially useful for children.

Would also add the ability to change video icons. Screen shots are not always recognizable
    shn'g likes this.
    02-08-12 02:11 PM
    Has anyone patented the finger jiggle as a gesture? I would love that to pop-up a joystick/nub on the keyboard to move the cursor.
    shn'g likes this.
    02-10-12 11:12 AM
    I'm trying to figure out what you are asking. When you hold down one of the apps, you get the delete/move app state of the screen. You can just tap and delete any app from that point.

Are you saying you want to delete a bunch of apps at the same time?

BTW, in 2.0, you can create folders and drop multiple apps into that folder. Then you can move the folder anywhere you want to.
    Yeah exactly. I had a jailbroken iPhone and they had an option to do this built in.. So you hold down on an app than when you tap an app it puts a check mark on it and you can select as many apps as you want to either move anywhere or delete multiple apps. Sounds simple but adds a lot of functionality.
    02-10-12 09:23 PM
    agreed, especially useful for children.

Would also add the ability to change video icons. Screen shots are not always recognizable
    Yeah this is something I really miss from using xbmc. Great suggestion!
    better keyboard or options for other keyboards, better music player, full bluetooth function, use full potential of bezel eg for scrolling, usb otg, flac, ac3, mkv, remote playbook app for android, better pdf viewer, better browser: zoom with reflow, better intelligence to distinguish click from swipe, no hanging, book mark management. better accessibility options. i will be happy with that to start.
    Oh man almost forgot yes. Mkv please! And they better fix the click from swipe..many are frustrated with this!
    Last edited by shn; 02-10-12 at 09:45 PM.
    02-10-12 09:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD