currently when you install the beta, you need to clear the system memory. Basically, a hard reset. Does anyone know whether or not this will be the case when the formal 2.0 is rolled out? I would hate to lose all my system preferences, settings, photos, files, and game progress. I am hoping that the install is similar to an OS update where the integrity of system files and preferences are maintained.
    Thanks.
    01-04-12 05:52 PM
    I upgraded to OS2 a few days ago and I didn't lose anything and did not have to wipe the PlayBook first. All my preferences, settings, photos, files, game progress (Dead Space), wallpaper image, etc are still there. The only thing that I noticed is not there is the wallpaper photos folder and images that ships with the PlayBook.
    Carllam likes this.
    01-05-12 07:58 AM
    I upgraded to OS2 a few days ago and I didn't lose anything and did not have to wipe the PlayBook first. All my preferences, settings, photos, files, game progress (Dead Space), wallpaper image, etc are still there. The only thing that I noticed is not there is the wallpaper photos folder and images that ships with the PlayBook.
    Same here, except I did a backup first then reloaded my backup when OS2 finished. All the wallpaper folders were present again.
    m_rkus and Carllam like this.
    01-05-12 08:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD