Haven't had the time to check yet. Does anyone know if we're good to go with OS 2.0
    02-22-12 07:18 AM
    I would also like to know any information on this.
    02-22-12 01:24 PM
    By DLNA do you mean can you access dlna content on the playbook or do you mean can the playbook be used as a DLNA device that streams. If its access I haven't been able to, but if devices can access from the playbook, I'll probably test that later tonight.
    02-22-12 01:50 PM
    By DLNA do you mean can you access dlna content on the playbook or do you mean can the playbook be used as a DLNA device that streams. If its access I haven't been able to, but if devices can access from the playbook, I'll probably test that later tonight.
    The answer to your question is yes.
    02-22-12 02:02 PM
    No - this is not a feature of 2.0
    02-22-12 02:57 PM
    You would need some sort of network browser like the PS3, Xbox, or Blu-ray players have to see the content shared off the devices on the network. I just don't see that on the PB sadly.
    02-22-12 03:27 PM
    It's under storage & sharing it's called wifi sharing, best when used with the ps3
    By default this is switched off
    02-22-12 05:29 PM
    I remember someone posting that RIM joined the DLNA alliance or whatever it is. There was a screen shot.
    02-22-12 05:32 PM
    No - this is not a feature of 2.0
    YES IT IS SEE MY BELOW POST, IVE USED IT WITH MY PS3.
    Where people get confused is that dlna is origin to Samsung and other makers call it different, ie: Apple=airplay. BlackBerry = wifi sharing
    02-22-12 05:35 PM
    Wifi Sharing exists in 1.0 as well and it sets up a Samba server for browsing shared files as a network drive.

Are you saying it now enables DLNA as well?
    02-22-12 05:42 PM
    Wifi Sharing exists in 1.0 as well and it sets up a Samba server for browsing shared files as a network drive.

Are you saying it now enables DLNA as well?
    I think he's confused, this is still simply wifi sharing - not DLNA.
    02-22-12 08:13 PM
    If I'm not mistaken...DLNA has a few branches.

1)Digital media server (currently on 7.1)

2)Digital media player

3)Digital media controller

I hope the PB gets support for all 3

I believe this is it
    02-22-12 08:29 PM
    If I'm not mistaken...DLNA has a few branches.

1)Digital media server (currently on 7.1)

2)Digital media player

3)Digital media controller

I hope the PB gets support for all 3

I believe this is it
    Correct! And at the moment they don't just checked it out myself. We'll get there.
    02-22-12 09:39 PM
    I just discovered that I can access my DLNA stuff using the website running in my Tversity server. It was already working on v1 but I think the videos were not working. Now, with v2, I can play some videos. It's a start!
    02-25-12 06:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD