I like the new OS 2.0 - it's great. I'm also using the new messaging and calendar app with our company MS Exchange 2007. It instantly worked - I'm just suffering from a problem with the calendar app. After the first synchronization, several appointments are missing on the Playbook's calendar.

I can't identify a pattern, there are public and private, full-day or hourly, with invitations and without invitations entries missing. After editing and saving them with Outlook or with my Bold, the entries are directly synchronized to the Playbook.

Does anyone else suffer from this problem?

Best,
    Herb
    02-22-12 01:29 PM
    I've had a few cases, while I've been experimenting, where it took quite some time before things were fully synchronized. I'm not even sure it was merely the passage of time which helped, since I probably restarted at least once while waiting.

I don't know what any of it means yet, except not to expect instantaneous results from calendar synchronization when first setting one up.

Once it was configured, even before the synchronization was complete, I was able to add/remove events on the PB and they would appear within a few seconds on the PC (in this case using a Google calendar) and vice versa, so it's not necessarily a raw performance or network comm issue. I have no explanation yet. Might be what you are facing though.
    02-22-12 03:49 PM
    I've seen the same thing working with the Office365 exchange server and my AT&T personal e-mail account. I'm trying a 30-day trial on Office365 and after the first few syncs, things have been very prompt to update and it's working very smoothly. I don't use a BB phone, so I'm strongly considering spending the five or six dollars a month to keep up an Office365 account rather than using Google and having them mine all my information for more ads.

Along these lines, I'm wondering about the "new appointment" dialog on the Playbook. When I press the button to make a new appointment, there's a drop-down box up top that makes me choose between the calendar it goes on: Playbook (Local) or my Office365 Exchange calendar. Since the whole point of this exercise is to always have synced info everywhere, can I get rid of the "Playbook (Local)" option or the local calendar altogther, so I don't have to remember to pick the Exchange calendar every time?

That does make me wonder if this answers the original question...if you make a Playbook local appt., it will NOT sync to Exchange, whereas if you choose Exchange calendar it will sync almost instantly.

Thanks!
    02-22-12 07:50 PM
    I am seeing a different issue with active sync appointments disappearing from my playbook calendar. I have done a few tests and it appears that when having a delegate in exchange accept meetings on my behalf, those appointments do not get synced to the playbook calendar. Sometimes they also disappear from my blackberry 9930 which is using BES. Is anyone else experiencing that?
    06-01-12 07:59 PM
    Having the same problem here. made some new events saved them and sent out invites, only to check again later and the event had disappeared of my calender.
    06-06-12 07:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD