If they remove side loading what happens to any app that was sideloaded that's already on your playbook?
    04-06-12 09:40 PM
    Am I the only one (regular user) who gets an update today??? First for me since 2.0 public release. Now I'm running 2.0.0.7971, with BB News and Video Store
    7971 was the release version of 2.0, so it'll be a reinstallation of that- it's been mentioned a few times on the forums recently.

If they remove side loading what happens to any app that was sideloaded that's already on your playbook?
    I'd imagine that you'll lose the sideloaded application. You may be able to restore using a backup, but I'm only guessing.
    04-07-12 02:58 AM
    Qt 4.8.1 would be a nice addition for this update.
    04-07-12 04:21 AM
    you'll keep your sideloaded apps during the upgrade. we've learned they should continue to work. you won't be able to sideload again if you delete one or do a security wipe. at least until a new solution is discovered. it will remain available for devs so I hope time will produce a method or workaround

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-07-12 02:57 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD