Bla1ze Twitted this:

"2.0.1.354 will be the "Gold" release for the PlayBook. I have no release date or change log though."

I except this may come out on Tuesday after the Easter Holidays
    04-05-12 08:42 AM
    i saw that tweet also..

i sure hope it arrives soon with big update. i love 2.0, but there's a lot to be improved upon!
    04-05-12 10:43 AM
    the 8000 browser fixes would ne nice...

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    04-05-12 06:13 PM
    I'm expecting this to come out at BB World.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    sagec likes this.
    04-05-12 09:18 PM
    Bla1ze Twitted this:

"2.0.1.354 will be the "Gold" release for the PlayBook. I have no release date or change log though."

I except this may come out on Tuesday after the Easter Holidays
    I would expect that if we know of a "gold" version, then release is soon. Since we are already past COB before the Easter weekend, then yes, I'd agree that we're looking at Tuesday...
    peter9477 likes this.
    04-05-12 09:22 PM
    I'm looking forward to the next update, before, just for the fun of being like "Yay a new update!" But it's starting to look like this could bring some larger than expected changes. I'm excited for this.
    04-05-12 11:15 PM
    I'm looking forward to the next update, before, just for the fun of being like "Yay a new update!"...
    I have the same feeling, like being a kid on christmas morning, waiting to unwrap his/her presents.

OHHH, UPDATE!! update update update!!!!
    04-06-12 02:17 AM
    Mixed feelings about updates now that I know they'll be cutting off side-loading as a part of one of them. Once thing's for sure - I won't install any update until I confirm with others that side-loading still works.

RCK
    Princepia and PB_Warrior like this.
    04-06-12 02:48 AM
    I'll take losing sideloading for the browser stability....
    kbz1960 and caquito07 like this.
    04-06-12 03:46 AM
    You guys are way too optimistic, LOL. If any update comes out it looks like it won't be for a while, if not after BB World then no earlier then at that event. I hope I'm wrong but the best we've heard about this rumored update was "coming soon". Saunders is either a flat out liar or doesn't know what's going on.

Sadly, it seems that its the same ol' RIM under the new CEO. Sorry about being so negative but I'm just calling it as I see it. OS 2.0 was in the works long before Throsten came onboard and we haven't seen much since then.
    harist3a likes this.
    04-06-12 06:36 AM
    I'm looking forward to the next update, before, just for the fun of being like "Yay a new update!" But it's starting to look like this could bring some larger than expected changes. I'm excited for this.
    I actually think this update will bring more surprises than PlayBook OS 2.0, Granted OS 2.0 is still very amazing we already knew what was coming . This OS we have little to go on and I think it'll be very interesting to see what's new and improved
    04-06-12 06:36 AM
    I wish they would just put updates out when they are ready. Enough of this holding anything that isn't significant for some event.
    04-06-12 06:42 AM
    I have a feeling that the update was originally planned to be out but was delayed to fix a few more things.

If so, that's good, IMO.

No more buggy software from RIM.

I think that people expecting major new features are going to be disappointed. The OS is being refined. That is all.

It is up to App World to bring new good stuff . . .
    04-06-12 06:50 AM
    You guys are way too optimistic, LOL. If any update comes out it looks like it won't be for a while, if not after BB World then no earlier then at that event. I hope I'm wrong but the best we've heard about this rumored update was "coming soon". Saunders is either a flat out liar or doesn't know what's going on.

Sadly, it seems that its the same ol' RIM under the new CEO. Sorry about being so negative but I'm just calling it as I see it. OS 2.0 was in the works long before Throsten came onboard and we haven't seen much since then.
    What's your source for

a) RIM abandoning regular incremental updates
    b) Saunders having less of a clue than you?

Also, what would you need to see to prove the new CEO was having an impact - daily updates? Can you give us context of a multi-billion dollar company where a new CEO had a publicly visible impact at a product level in such a small space of time?

Call it as you see it, fine....but I wonder what kind of glass you're looking through.
    sf49ers likes this.
    04-06-12 07:08 AM
    I'm going to guess we will get this 2.0.1 bug fix version on Tuesday and then the rumoured 2.1 version at BB world along with the release of the 3G/4G Playbook. Rumour states there may be integrated BBM with that version along with no more Side loading of Apps for Non-Developers.
    04-06-12 07:11 AM
    I'll take losing sideloading for the browser stability....
    Agreed, I'm pretty sure the Android player comes with stability fixes aswell!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using the CrackBerry Forums Application
    04-06-12 10:09 AM
    I wish they would just put updates out when they are ready. Enough of this holding anything that isn't significant for some event.
    That's kinda what they do, depending on your definition of "ready".

Every release has some "administrative overhead" where stuff has to be logged, support staff has to be advised, etc, so it doesn't make sense to release every minor bug fix on its own.

So, sure, minor updates are bundled to a certain point. And then before release there's some time taken to validate.

The way this is shaping up, it's looking like 2.0.1.xxxx will drop next week. Bla1ze's post says they've landed on a specific version, suggesting that validation has been finished.

They probably haven't landed on a final build for 2.1 yet (I'm guessing that's where we'll see those 8,000+ WebKit enhancements, among other things... Canada Video Store, maybe?), and that timetable probably fits with release for BlackBerry World...
    04-06-12 02:05 PM
    Tuesday after Easter makes sense. I thought last Tuesday was a bit optimistic with Easter on the horizon. 2.0 was released after a public holiday in order for staff to be available should anything go wrong. No-one wants to pay penalty rates when they don't have to.
    04-06-12 04:06 PM
    What's your source for

a) RIM abandoning regular incremental updates
    Where did I say they were abandoning? All I said was that the release wouldn't be till at least BB World. I am not questioning regular incremental updates, just the timing of this one. And its speculation, much like what everyone else is doing.

b) Saunders having less of a clue than you?
    He tweeted "coming soon" last week, which shouldn't mean more than a week (and counting). How long "coming soon" should be construed as is quite subjective, but if the revision hasn't been completed and ready for deployment then don't use the term and stop tweeting. Sounds like either a) he's just teasing or b) has no idea when it'll be released.

Also, what would you need to see to prove the new CEO was having an impact - daily updates? Can you give us context of a multi-billion dollar company where a new CEO had a publicly visible impact at a product level in such a small space of time?.
    Well in the small space of time he has been able to:

a) remark that he sees no major changes necessary. This got a lot of negatve press and the investment community certainly didn't agree with him. You can find a lot of posts here disagreeing as well.

b) during the last earnings call he somehow managed to give some the impression that RIM was abandoning the consumer market, thereby necessitating a statement clarifying what he said a few days later.

I would list the positives but I can't think of any. Overall, he hasn't done anything that gives me a lot of confidence in RIM's future although he has managed to cause concern in some in the same short period of time.

Call it as you see it, fine....but I wonder what kind of glass you're looking through.
    Certainly not rose-colored glasses. BB handsets are so-so, the Playbook is outstanding even with the minor OS 2 bugs, but my faith in management has diminished a little since Thornsten took over. Its a fast-paced industry and RIM needs to move faster if they want to stay in the game. This is not my opinion, its a fact of the type of industry they're in.
    Last edited by dynot; 04-06-12 at 04:23 PM.
    JeepBB likes this.
    04-06-12 04:16 PM
    Would be nice if the update does a few "minor" things like fix the #%@%@ email program so that it works. Lack of IMAP implementation means I have to use an Android email client as well as the native email client to have full function email. Absolutely Mickey Mouse ... and the worst email in the world.
    04-06-12 05:35 PM
    I will be very sad to have to choses some nice fixes and improvements OR being able to sideload Android apps. I have a ton installed and don't want to be cut off from adding more.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    04-06-12 05:51 PM
    Where did I say they were abandoning? All I said was that the release wouldn't be till at least BB World. I am not questioning regular incremental updates, just the timing of this one. And its speculation, much like what everyone else is doing.
    It will be much sooner than you think --- because there are 2 known outstanding security vulnerabilities (one in the browser and the second one in the flash player) that needs to be patched for the Playbook.
    04-06-12 06:38 PM
    I will be very sad to have to choses some nice fixes and improvements OR being able to sideload Android apps. I have a ton installed and don't want to be cut off from adding more.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk
    let's hope "if there's a will, there's a way"

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5
    04-06-12 07:34 PM
    Don't you think that if they put the end to side loading they are going to have to give something in the new update that is going to make people want update? From what I see most people will not update if it removes the ability to side load. You can't really blame them for removing that option .... The app store is there CASH COW so they have to quit giving away the milk for free.

It would really SUCK.

All I want is for them to get some cool apps that are free on android or even update the apps that are available for blackberry phones that are not available for the playbook.
    04-06-12 07:35 PM
    Am I the only one (regular user) who gets an update today??? First for me since 2.0 public release. Now I'm running 2.0.0.7971, with BB News and Video Store
    04-06-12 09:36 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD