For anyone with a windows tablet. I saw in a review that I. The mail app, you cannot add your Hotmail as well as Gmail Facebook and Twitter.

How do they appear? Mixed in with ur Hotmail messages like in the hub.

And what twitter and fb notifications do u recieve. Likes, direct messages etc, and can you take action from the mail app or do you have to open the app.

It just sounds like it's a bit like the hub. In which case of course I would be more inclined to buy the surface!

Posted via CB10
    You can add both, at least I have my outlook.com and Gmail accounts. As for social, I can't say as I don't use any of them.
    04-12-14 06:54 AM
    I use an iPad mini 2 as my main tablet now, but I still use the Playbook almost everyday. It's the best tablet to watch videos and listen to music IMO (it played every video that I tried and has killer speakers). I used a galaxy tab - Playbook - Note 8 - iPad mini and I gave the android tablets to my brother, can't part with the Playbook though.

Enviado do meu iPad usando o Tapatalk
    04-12-14 07:09 AM
    I've been using a Kobo Arc 64gb that I had picked up for $100. It's not the best tablet but it's great bang for your buck.
    04-18-14 12:59 AM
    I sold my PlayBook and got a Dell Venue 8 Pro this week. Although the Windows 8.1 tablet is awesome it's not as easy to use or as satisfying to use as the PlayBook.

I miss the PlayBook and BlackBerry are stupid idiots for abandoning it because it was the BEST tablet around.
    04-19-14 01:38 AM
    I bought me a Microsoft Surface 2 with Type Cover 2. Because of the big screen, the Desktop and Office.

Gesendet von meinem Q5 mit Tapatalk 2
    04-19-14 01:44 AM
    I sold my PlayBook and got a Dell Venue 8 Pro this week. Although the Windows 8.1 tablet is awesome it's not as easy to use or as satisfying to use as the PlayBook.

I miss the PlayBook and BlackBerry are stupid idiots for abandoning it because it was the BEST tablet around.
    I miss nothing from my pb. My win8.1 tablet gives me the swipes I love plus it has 2 sides to it and can run real software. I am not sure when the pb was ever the best tablet around for most people it's always been lacking. It certainly wasn't at release, a year later it finally got better and soon after it was in limbo. It may have been the best around for you and a few others but was never in main stream. Perhaps the hardware was at one time but that's all been passed by too.

I did love my pb for awhile but it (bbry) didn't return it by nurturing and feeding it.
    tack likes this.
    04-19-14 08:53 AM
    Well, I am now selling my Nexus 10. No Android device gets along well with me.

Might just go without a second tablet and use the PlayBook for things that it can handle, for now.

The Nexus 10 money is going towards a Haswell i3 NUC, to replace my old Celeron SB NUC.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 09:51 AM
    Well, I am now selling my Nexus 10. No Android device gets along well with me.

Might just go without a second tablet and use the PlayBook for things that it can handle, for now.

The Nexus 10 money is going towards a Haswell i3 NUC, to replace my old Celeron SB NUC.

Posted via CB10
    Why are you selling the nexus 10 if you don't mind me asking?

Want to know if they're lying to you? Join our channel at C002EFE5D to learn how to become a human lie-detector!
    04-21-14 11:14 AM
    Why are you selling the nexus 10 if you don't mind me asking?

Want to know if they're lying to you? Join our channel at C002EFE5D to learn how to become a human lie-detector!
    Primarily it's due to Android, I think. I've had tonnes of Android devices in the past, and they've all had app/OS crashes, reboots and glitches.

If the Android OS were a pleasure to use, intuitive, addictive, I might not mind so much. But even when Android IS working as intended I just don't enjoy using it, so when something screws up that pisses me off more.

Meanwhile I still have a Playbook after 2 years. It's slow, its browser is crap and crashes and its screen is low res. Yet, I enjoy using it as a device... so I keep forgiving its gaping flaws.

That probably sounds odd, but hey ho.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 02:59 PM
    You might want to try taking a full backup, and then wiping it and restoring the backup. I did this a couple of months ago, as it was running painfully slow. After...good as I remembered.

Posted via CB10
    04-21-14 07:56 PM
    I had an iPad2 first, then bought a PB out of loyalty which gave me a good two years of use before dying. Obviously, in 2013 there is almost 0 reason to buy another PlayBook so I tried a fairly budget, $100 Galaxy tab 3.0 7". Hot garbage, one of the worst products I've owned relative to the time it was released. Sold it after couple months of giving it a chance. iPad2 is getting pretty old and showing its age and now I'm interested in a non-Surface Win8.1 tablet that's at least as large as the iPad to replace it. Despite all the advancements mobile OSes have made, I still feel by far the most comfortable on a Windows desktop operating system, which would make me a former owner of all four major tablet OSes (Playbook, iOS, Android, Win8). As for how the three have fared for me...iPad2 > PB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galaxy Tab 3 7"
    04-23-14 05:12 PM
    I had an iPad2 first, then bought a PB out of loyalty which gave me a good two years of use before dying. Obviously, in 2013 there is almost 0 reason to buy another PlayBook so I tried a fairly budget, $100 Galaxy tab 3.0 7". Hot garbage, one of the worst products I've owned relative to the time it was released. Sold it after couple months of giving it a chance. iPad2 is getting pretty old and showing its age and now I'm interested in a non-Surface Win8.1 tablet that's at least as large as the iPad to replace it. Despite all the advancements mobile OSes have made, I still feel by far the most comfortable on a Windows desktop operating system, which would make me a former owner of all four major tablet OSes (Playbook, iOS, Android, Win8). As for how the three have fared for me...iPad2 > PB >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Galaxy Tab 3 7"
    Thank you for answering that and I hope that windows tablet will fill your needs.
    Let's hope BlackBerry rolls out another tablet by the end of this year :-/

04-23-14 08:17 PM
    Nope still not replacing mine!
    To stubborn!
    04-24-14 05:42 AM
    Thank you for answering that and I hope that windows tablet will fill your needs.

Really, the windows tab was the only thing I could replace mine with and I like it much better than I ever did my pb. It actually works a bit like the pb and doesn't have all these limitations.
    04-24-14 06:47 AM
    Still use my PB occasionally, complemented by my Samsung Tab for the latter's ecosystem.
    04-24-14 10:33 AM

I just got a Venue 8 Pro as well. The pen should be delivered soon too. I really wanted the PlayBook to support a proper pen for note taking but it doesn't have an active digitizer like the Venue does.

The Venue 8 Pro was a steal at $269 for a full Windows 8 tablet.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-24-14 04:57 PM
    I was also considering a windows tablet but ended up picking up a pb 64gb with bluetooth keyboard for �65.

Overall its suiting all of my academic needs (writing notes, recording lectures, reading pdfs). Gaming wise RetroArch has changed my PB. There was very little available for gaming and once i got retro...its been a very nice all in one electronic.

I'll remain using until it breaks.
    04-24-14 06:52 PM
    This thread was featured on CrackBerry. The BlackBerry PlayBook Petition in which 700 people from the CrackBerry PlayBook forums have signed, asking BlackBerry for continued support, hasn't had a mention. Isn't it about time CrackBerry ran the petition story to reflect the PlayBook Community, not just those jumping ship?

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    nealjane1 likes this.
    04-26-14 04:13 AM
    This thread was featured on CrackBerry. The BlackBerry PlayBook Petition in which 700 people from the CrackBerry PlayBook forums have signed, asking BlackBerry for continued support, hasn't had a mention. Isn't it about time CrackBerry ran the petition story to reflect the PlayBook Community, not just those jumping ship?

Why don't you PM Kevin?
    04-26-14 08:12 AM

They won't, or if they did they certainly aren't going to do a 180 and suddenly start openly supporting the idea. CB doesn't like rocking the boat too much lately and tends to push the point of view that matches the company's position, especially when it comes to the PlayBook. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-26-14 08:59 AM
    I went for an Ainol (snigger) Novo 9 Spark II. I know most of you will ask, what the hell is that?, I know I did at first.

Well, basically its a 9.7" 2048x1536, 264ppi Android tablet. And if those specs seem familiar, its because it is the same Retina screen that iPads use. It has an ATM7039 Cortex-A9 R4 Quad Core CPU and PowerVR SG544 GPU, with 2GB DDR3L ram. It comes with 16gb or 32gb onboard memory with sdcard up to 32gb (possibly 64gb but I haven't tested it), wifi, bluetooth, HDMI with 4K support front and rear cameras (2mp/5mp) and usb otg.

Mine came with android 4.2.2 preinstalled. Ainol, to their credit, has produced regular updates since its release in late 2013 and is now in 4.4.2 beta testing. Android is pure vanilla with no tossy "skinning" or bloatware. And a 13000mah battery keeps it purring while in use, with up to 8 hours video playback.

The 9.7" screen is perfect for reading books, magazines and comics. Video playback, both internal and on tv, is exceptional. Colours are very natural. I haven't come across an app which won't run on it yet.

I paid �150 gbp for it from a UK seller but it can be had for less from one of the (reliable) Chinese sites or direct from Ainol themselves.
    04-26-14 02:05 PM
    They won't, or if they did they certainly aren't going to do a 180 and suddenly start openly supporting the idea. CB doesn't like rocking the boat too much lately and tends to push the point of view that matches the company's position, especially when it comes to the PlayBook. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them.

Posted via CB10
    You're right I know, but how about representing CrackBerry members, instead of running stories about 'stickers' that no one is interested in.

04-26-14 04:12 PM
    I went for an Ainol (snigger) Novo 9 Spark II. I know most of you will ask, what the hell is that?, I know I did at first.

Well, basically its a 9.7" 2048x1536, 264ppi Android tablet. And if those specs seem familiar, its because it is the same Retina screen that iPads use. It has an ATM7039 Cortex-A9 R4 Quad Core CPU and PowerVR SG544 GPU, with 2GB DDR3L ram. It comes with 16gb or 32gb onboard memory with sdcard up to 32gb (possibly 64gb but I haven't tested it), wifi, bluetooth, HDMI with 4K support front and rear cameras (2mp/5mp) and usb otg.

Mine came with android 4.2.2 preinstalled. Ainol, to their credit, has produced regular updates since its release in late 2013 and is now in 4.4.2 beta testing. Android is pure vanilla with no tossy "skinning" or bloatware. And a 13000mah battery keeps it purring while in use, with up to 8 hours video playback.

The 9.7" screen is perfect for reading books, magazines and comics. Video playback, both internal and on tv, is exceptional. Colours are very natural. I haven't come across an app which won't run on it yet.

I paid �150 gbp for it from a UK seller but it can be had for less from one of the (reliable) Chinese sites or direct from Ainol themselves.
    Wow that's not too shabby of a deal. Can you share some pics or links of where I can find some more prices on it?

04-26-14 10:32 PM
    I really liked my PlayBook. Now I find I'm reaching for it less and less. We have a Surface RT and an acer c720 chromebook as consumption devices. I think I might like them both better than the PlayBook. Since I have tethering I can work around the crippled Bridge software. But I'm just finding it less useful. The chromebook, as an access device, works better and provides a better experience. And you can print from a surface without a hassle.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-30-14 01:03 PM
    I think they will eventually, as it would make a lot of sense for bringing in new customers at the same time. The following article explains this in good detail. It's a little old but still right on the mark in my opinion.

Why tepid tablet strategy could be BlackBerry's fatal flaw
    05-02-14 12:45 AM
404 ... 7891011 ...