My PlayBook still works great. The only two things I'm using it for are browsing the internet and Power Point presentations. So no need for other tablet. I'm still very happy with my PlayBook

Visit my BBM Channel C000E96F6
    04-01-14 04:26 PM
    Dell Venue Pro 8.

I'm keeping the Playbook around when I want to view a movie, but the browser is too slow for me. Plus I'm moving more and more in the MS ecosystem, so it made sense (hotmail is my main account). My Z30 still is my primary browser however...

I still will say the dual speakers on the Playbook makes video viewing much better than other tablets.
    04-01-14 04:27 PM
    Watch out for those unpatched security flaws. From now on you're on your own when your PlayBook accesses anything on the internet ...
    Yeah. That's right. Someone is going to write a virus to attack the Playbook OS. LOL
    rdm101 likes this.
    04-01-14 04:28 PM
    I gave the PlayBook to my dad a little less than a year ago. I just recently got an Asus Transformer Book T100. Replaced my laptop and want for a new tablet.
    04-01-14 04:52 PM
    I use my Playbook everyday for getting things done. It is a powerhouse tablet for me so I am sticking with it. Blackberry has good technology. Hopefully now they also have equivalent management to match and they will be fine.

QUOTE=AlKuqo;10194152]The title says it all.

Will you use another tablet?
    If so, which one?
    Or
    Have you already switched to another tablet.
    If so, which one?

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation![/QUOTE]
    04-01-14 04:55 PM
    I still use my playbook sometimes. It's not the tablet I use daily but it's still useful.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    04-01-14 04:56 PM
    What's your take on a Samsung tablet?

Stay Classy CrackBerry Nation!
    I try to boycott Samsung and Apple because they are just too big for their britches. They have too much influence in the market. So I don't know about Samsung's update practices. They do not run pure android, e.g. they have a Touchwiz interface. There are alot of them so people have figured out how to update them themselves (e.g. rooting). I also think they are too plasticy and not well made like the PB. They are also quite expensive, I think. They make the Nexus 10 for Google.
    04-01-14 05:12 PM
    I got a Nexus 7 a few months ago, i love it and i will stick with it the price was awesome I still use my playbook to put movies on and hook up to the tv so the wife can watch, or take to a friends to "borrow" media. 64 gb pb and 32 gb nexus 7, also have a q10, and an ipad 2, I phone and htc desire, so im in all 3 worlds lol. Just need to get some windows devices in the house.
    How do you like the Nexus 7 and what do you use it for daily?

04-01-14 06:15 PM
    I try to boycott Samsung and Apple because they are just too big for their britches. They have too much influence in the market. So I don't know about Samsung's update practices. They do not run pure android, e.g. they have a Touchwiz interface. There are alot of them so people have figured out how to update them themselves (e.g. rooting). I also think they are too plasticy and not well made like the PB. They are also quite expensive, I think. They make the Nexus 10 for Google.
    Hey thank you for this. I mean it, very helpful!

04-01-14 06:18 PM
    Do you recommend devices straight from Google then? Like a nexus 7?

04-01-14 06:19 PM
    I'll continue to use the PB for a while but it represents a security risk to use the internet on a PlayBook now that no more security fixes will be issued. I'll like move over to a Windows 8 Pro tablet.
    I saw this coming and did exactly that, get a Surface Pro 2. The two can't compare. one is small, light, and has a pared down OS that is both simple to use and sometimes not enough to fully be useful. The other is twice as big and heavy, has a convoluted OS (8.1), and though does anything a a modern computer can, it comes with the drawbacks that brings as well. I bought the Sp2 mainly to service all my gizmos while on the road and as much as I try to use it like the PlayBook, it's just too much machine for that purpose. I'll be damned if I get and Android and an iPad is almost as distasteful but the Microsoft Surface RT is just too big also, even though it is the lead contender for a PB replacement here.
    04-01-14 08:09 PM
    PlayBook when I want. Otherwise my Z10 does everything else I need.

Posted via CB10 - Z10 'Powered by BlackBerry'
    04-01-14 08:20 PM
    Naah, the PlayBook serves my purpose completely, will stickt to it.

LP&HG
    04-01-14 09:46 PM
    When my playbook dies - and assuming repair is not an option - I will likely not replace it with another tablet. Perhaps if Ubuntu Unity is ona tablet...otherwise I will go back to using linux on an ultrabook.
    04-01-14 09:55 PM
    I think I will still continue to use my Playbook, perhaps also due to the case that I do not have enough to buy a new one. However, all those aside. We knew pretty much that not many updates or none at all were coming to the Playbook. This news only makes official the things we already suspected or knew.

Those who have been using the Playbook, mostly already knew it and will continue to use it. However, in like of moving with times won't be surprised if people start looking for alternatives. It's normal.
    04-01-14 10:15 PM
    Yup. Mine is still going strong. No need for any table right now.

? CB10 ?
    04-01-14 10:27 PM
    My next tablet will be the same brand as my next phone when the z10 contract is finished.
    It will highly unlikely to be a blackberry product unless they come out with a product that is 10 times better than the competition.
    04-01-14 10:49 PM
    Just ordered the 128gb lte ipad air from verizon...

Posted via CB10
    04-01-14 10:58 PM
    Yeah this is disappointing news about the lack of support. I get it though. It is like Windows not supporting XP any longer. They aren't officially selling it so why spend the money supporting it.

With that said I have started the process of returning my palybook for replacement through the warranty I purchased with it almost 2 years ago. I am looking at getting one of the Windows 8.1 tablets that is full blown windows. With BlackBerry Link the windows tablet should be fun with my Z10. I like the idea of it being something I am familiar with as well being Windows and all.

I didn't think I would ever give up my playbook but it's time. Once this lengthy process takes place I would should have something a bit more up to date.
    04-01-14 11:49 PM
    The PlayBook is a great piece of hardware. It's a shame BB10 never got a chance to shine on it.
    I bought an Asus Transformer RT tablet with a keyboard once I started having issue's with Amazon Instant Video. Once I finally got it updated to OS 8.1, it took several days, I've been very happy with it. I also bought a Q10 and that has exceeded any expectations I had for a phone. I should have bought the Q10 when it came out. I love it.
    04-02-14 12:09 AM
    The title says it all.

Will you use another tablet?
    If so, which one?
    Or
    Have you already switched to another tablet.
    If so, which one?

Just read this breaking thread on my PlayBook. No plans to dump PlayBook and I'll continue to use it.
    04-02-14 01:15 AM
    My is still alive so PlayBook )

Posted via CB10
    nealjane1 likes this.
    04-02-14 04:02 AM
    PlayBook for life!!

Posted via R115-Aramis.
    nealjane1 likes this.
    04-02-14 04:29 AM
    my son is using the playbook to watch cartoons now (he is 3) so i got myself a surface2... Does work very well...
    04-02-14 06:14 AM
    I ended up switching to a Microsoft Surfce RT 64GB tab for less than what I paid for the playbook ($279 for Type Cover and Surface RT) during the Boxing day sales last year and I haven't used my playbook since.
    In fact, my entire family uses Surface now ^___^ The Microsoft Office Suite is really awesome for school keeping all of my notes nice and neat, getting email from teachers and even making brochures, pamphlets, PowerPoints and Excel Spreadsheets on the fly! Oh and the bigger 10.1 inch screen is lovely to look at!
    Surprisingly, IE for the tablet is amazingly quick! I used my Playbook for a longtime, but I just found it not to suit my needs any longer. It now collects dust in my drawer, only to come out when my cousin is over.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    04-02-14 06:26 AM
404 12345 ...