I still use my Playbook and will until it no longer functions. When the tablet craze brokeout in fever pitch amongst the technos there were some who proclaimed that it was a redundant device or that it was only good for homie type use and not a business tool. I felt as though I could incorporate its portability and utility(even if somewhat limited) and spent the big bucks to get one. Now after having used it almost daily for a few years I think that it really was not a good investment at all for business. I have used mine mainly for surfing the internet, writing simple quotes and emails and playing mahjong late at night in bed. If I decide to spend money on a device next time I would go with a Surface and a large SSD memory.
    02-26-15 08:52 PM
    No need to I still use my playbook and in waiting for the playbook 2
    jtv1 and rosemary quaye like this.
    03-01-15 03:11 PM
    No need to I still use my playbook and in waiting for the playbook 2
    Am waiting to, or the release of the prototype M1 Fuse

Yes I know am dreaming

jtvberry
    03-01-15 08:13 PM
    I have turned it into a car computer

It's my offline map with nodago
    It's my music with aux cable
    Its a direction and speedometer
    It looks good. Mainly it's my gps and so much better then my tiny Garmin way

Posted via CB10
    jtv1 likes this.
    03-03-15 11:20 AM
    I have turned it into a car computer

It's my offline map with nodago
    It's my music with aux cable
    Its a direction and speedometer
    It looks good. Mainly it's my gps and so much better then my tiny Garmin way

Posted via CB10
    Brilliant
    darkhawk likes this.
    03-10-15 09:40 PM
    The new Sailfish tablet is looking mighty fine as a replacement.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-11-15 05:05 PM
    iPad Air 2

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 09:47 AM
    Guys I think my Playbook did just officially die...

Posted via CB10
    04-18-15 11:32 PM
    Nevermind got it! She lives!

Posted via CB10
    04-19-15 12:12 AM
    I just got a Windows tablet.. but I can't seem to get Blend to work not sure what I'm going to use my beloved PlayBook for now and I think I was actually scared of getting a better spec tablet because of this

Posted via CB10
    04-24-15 07:18 AM
    Asus Vivotab 8!! Superb!! I miss the PB, but I could not long surf on internet so slowly...so disappointed. Shame on BB!

Posted via CB10
    04-25-15 11:47 PM
    Since I have my BlackBerry Classic.. I rarely use the PB... or any other computer. This phone does it all! We take the PB with us on vacation.

Hoping for a PB 2

Posted via my awesome Classic
    04-29-15 04:27 PM
    Not really a tablet person, the Playbook is mainly just a glorified alarm clock at the moment.

Either on the phone or laptop. So no proper replacement

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on 1+1
    05-17-15 09:44 AM
    Got one. Havnt used it yet, but am looking forward to it!

Posted via CB10
    05-18-15 01:26 PM
    Not dead in my case. Still using my 3 year old PlayBook to entertain my kids...

RED Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    06-01-15 12:38 AM
    I still have my PlayBook, 64GB and all. Have some movies and TV shows on it, plus my Kobo app. I still use it for Internet browsing, and the "pre-Hub" integrated messaging centre on the PlayBook still does the job.

Yet I hardly ever use it. When I got the Z10 over two years ago, it kind of became like a secondary device. Now that I have my new Leap...I don't know...?! It's a tertiary one...LOL!

Honestly, I don't think I would be in the market for another tablet. If BlackBerry takes another swipe at a tablet ...maybe.

Other than that, better save some money and invest in a Microsoft Surface. It really is a great device and beats the stuffing out of anything Apple and Samsung have to offer in terms of tablets...a worthwhile investment.

Too bad BlackBerry didn't know how to launch a product (and they still don't...in terms of marketing and advertising) which was solid and well crafted, but was done in by a overly rushed release date, weak and almost non-existent ecosystem and half-baked OS.

This was during the Lazaridis, Balsillie and Heinz Ketchup era...and they were all over the place as was the company.

The BlackBerry PlayBook stands as a symbol and reminder to BlackBerry and all the BlackBerry users and supporters, of a missed opportunity and botched product launch...of a device that had a solid build, great design, good specs and a great UI. Even the QNX inspired OS eventually became just as good and the precursor of what is today the BB10 OS.

Too bad...about what could have been...

Cartman says: Screw you guys I'm going home!
    06-03-15 09:43 PM
    I still use my Playbook every day for reading ebooks; it's just perfect. I have no idea what I'd replace it with - probably some cheap 7" tablet. I have an iPad 4 which I use maybe twice a week, for reading large PDFs.
    Powdah likes this.
    06-05-15 08:31 AM
    Nothing will ever replace the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Posted via CB10
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    06-11-15 02:46 PM
    Music device. Sometimes for surfing the web but far from ideal because of slowness and weight.
    06-18-15 08:06 AM
    I'm using a cheap Windows Tablet. works great, does all I need it to do. (mainly surfing and sending emails)
    Plus I can print from it
    07-09-15 12:50 PM
    Loved using the PB but I got fed up with the slow browsing and the Android sideloads dying off one by one.

Recently jumped ship and picked up a cheap Nexus 7 2012 off of Ebay. Loaded up a clean copy of Kitkat 4.4.4. Night and day between that and the PB. I miss the PB speakers but that's about it. I was definitely fond of the PB but didn't realize what I was missing, even from a 2012 model.

What could've been with the PB. Shame on BlackBerry.
    07-09-15 01:19 PM
    Sorry to see you go...one of the great PlayBook forums contributers...think the sun is slowly setting on the PlayBook..

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    07-10-15 01:41 PM
    Playbook is just an electronic photobook for me.

I went over to a 150USD Onda Tablet that runs legit WIndows 8 and 1 year free Office 365 AND dual boot to lollipop android 64gb with SD slot
    07-11-15 12:28 PM
    I switched over to an MS Surface Pro 3 last month and am mighty impressed with it. Blazing fast for an i5 chip & 4gb ram, and it runs everything I need for apps and regular pc software. And for it's size, not much heavier than my PlayBook (with BB's keyboard), it has been ideal for traveling.
    I'm not sure how popular the Surface is but thought the original was given a lukewarm reception and written down like the BB Z10 was. But good that they kept it going because if it isn't a best seller in the 12" tablet / notebook category now, it only means Microsoft has failed at marketing it. If I ever switch from a BB10 phone (likely when BlacBerry stops making them), a Windows phone is probably my first choice now.
    07-12-15 02:50 AM
    I bought an iPad Mini Retina but I hardly used it. I just hate having to press that home button. Plus, I don't really use apps. Long story short, I am still using the PlayBook to read journal articles and to watch some movies. I just love the swiping gestures and true multi tasking of the PlayBook. Kinda sad at how the PlayBook has been abandoned by BlackBerry but what to do. Will continue to use the PlayBook under it no longer meets my needs.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-15 03:58 AM
404 ... 1213141516 ...