PlayBook far from dead and still functions and specs better than all up to upper mid range Android...you know it!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    08-01-14 08:24 AM
    PlayBook far from dead and still functions and specs better than all up to upper mid range Android...you know it!

Are you joking? Have you even used an android tablet?
    kbz1960 likes this.
    08-01-14 10:53 AM
    Without doubt, the lenovo yoga 8 is the best choice facing ipad and Samsung. It's really functional, amazing battery life and OTG micro USB port.
    I bought it for 90?, just amazingly usefull

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 07:23 AM
    Well a lot of android tablets are garbage. My touchpad with Android runs better then some of low to midrange ones for sell and it's like 3 years old.

Posted via CB10
    08-03-14 10:40 PM
    Yes I have a 4g Android Tab....mobile provider virtually threw it at me, so accepted to see what all the fuss was about..I was SURPRISED by the lack of quality in most areas compared to the PlayBook. I see others also agree with me. Probably only the Nexus 7 4g or Ipad mini and above could be compared to the PlayBook. So that would be a Tablet worth around 300 quid or more new.

08-04-14 09:35 AM
    Have to agree. A low-end Android tablet is a stuttering mess, I've owned two low-budget models (by reputable manufacturers, Samsung & ASUS) and they were vastly behind what the PB could do even in 2013. Apps didn't matter when they hardly ran at an acceptable speed. Top-end Android tabs and the iPad are a completely different story, but you pay a lot more for them than you would with a used PB nowadays.
    08-11-14 03:07 PM
    The playbook.
    08-11-14 03:07 PM
    Well I tried a few tablets but none could match the high class look and feel of the playbook. Audio on them was a joke compared to the awesome audio I was used to. Picture quality on a lot of them was awful and those that had as good or better picture quality had more than their fair share of problems. Most of them were just poorly made lumps of plastic and glass at ridiculous prices.

But then I accidentally stumbled across the Samsung Galaxy Tab S. This tablet is everything I've ever wanted. It looks fantastic (I bought the Titanium Bronze 10.5" model), build quality is excellent, its fast (8 core) and the picture quality is jaw dropping, thanks to its 10.5" AMOLED screen, not even the ipad air comes close to this tablet. It has excellent security features, including fingerprint scanning (not just a gimmick). Camera and video also look brilliant. Okay, the price matches its high quality at around �399/$500 but if you can afford it, buy it. This is the tablet I always dreamed blackberry would make.
    09-04-14 11:55 AM
    Ipad Air when O2 decide to send me it! Sheesh!

Z10.......er......BlackDroid in action!
    09-04-14 11:56 AM
    Saturn(GM) along with a couple other divisions are officially dead, but we have no plans to run off looking at other vehicles, and send our '08 Outlook to the recycling depot, not for at least a few more years (unless the tranny blows up !! Warn consumers about faulty transmissions, car owner tells GM - Edmonton - CBC News )

Same with our PB, we'll continue using as always (unless the battery melts down or blows up !!)

nite
    09-04-14 05:57 PM
    If my PlayBook had Netflix and Sky go (UK satellite tv) then I'd still be using it for pleasure but unfortunately I've given in and bought an Ipad. Definitely buying a Passport though and still have my Z10 so not a complete traitor.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-05-14 09:28 AM
    I'll stick with my PlayBook, even though it is EOL it is still way better than any of the low end Crapdroid tablets we have in the house.

Posted from Zedrick the 10th via CB10
    09-07-14 09:50 AM
    I'll stick with my PlayBook, even though it is EOL it is still way better than any of the low end Crapdroid tablets we have in the house.

Posted from Zedrick the 10th via CB10
    Try a Nexus 7 2013.

Adam
    09-07-14 02:57 PM
    I have an Apple Ipad 3rd gen, and a Blackberry Playbook. My wife use the Ipad, I use the Playbook (mainly for work, and music player, and sometimes watching movies through hdmi connection with blackberry handset as my remote control, bridged with BB 9860).
    Right now the Ipad is rarely being used (once a week if lucky), the playbook mostly being used as an audio player (I have collections of music in mp3, ALAC, and AIFF. And the Neut*** App can open those files flawlessly), hook it up to an DIY external headphone amp to drive my headphone. Really nice.
    The reason why I rarely use or bring either the Ipad or the Playbook are:
    1. Size (Ipad is bulky, playbook is less bulky, but still I need a separate small bag or whatever to haul it. Here in my country I can't afford to flash something expensive, except if I want to be mugged)
    2. Weight (both Ipad and Playbook is heavy, on a short journey by train or bus both are hassle, yes Playbook is lighter, but I don't need more weight since I already got my 10" laptop and a folder full of paper and notebooks)
    Those two reason is the biggest hassle for me to date. So whenever I go out on daily basis to work, what I bring is a Sony Xperia C phablet (those 5"-6" devices) to complement my Blackberry phone. I use the blackberry for work purposes, and other than work I use the Sony phablet. That 5+" screen for me is enough to play short videos, great enough to play music on the go, and big enough to see complex emails, you can read RSS feed, Facebook, tweeter easily, and still, yes really, still pocket-able. I don't have to bring other small bag or anything to haul all of my phone and tablet.
    For longer trip, then I'll bring both my Ipad, Playbook, even my laptop, for flight entertainment, and work, in case something urgent coming up.
    Phablet is nice. It's not too big, and it's not too small, you can use it single handed. If you don't have a cellular plan for it, then you can hook it up to the nearest open wi-fi. It's lightweight, pocket-able. I can't ask for more.
    09-23-14 02:05 AM
    Well after getting a beautiful Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro back in June, i'm now back to using my playbook. Not that I didn't enjoy the Samsung, it had a beautiful display, was lightening quick and could literally do anything I needed, but some changes were made and i've given it to my wife to use. I guess i'm in it for the long haul with my playbook.

Posted via CB10
    anon(5597702) and PlayBook UK like this.
    10-04-14 12:18 PM
    Playbook is for a different people, special people and if it's dead, it will be the best forever
    10-04-14 06:37 PM
    New tescos hudl
    Out on 9 th Oct. Sad that BlackBerry did level some limited support for PlayBook patch releases etc and blend
    10-06-14 01:00 AM
    Any reviews on the Dell Venue Pro with Windows 8.1
    10-09-14 10:00 AM
    I'm getting the Samsung Galaxy S Tab 8.4

Any thoughts CB nation?

C002EFE5D The Kuqo Group
    10-09-14 07:15 PM
    Please dont tell my Playbook that Playbook is officially dead. I just got the charging dock in the mail today.

I Luvs my Playbook(s).

And I didnt know about the 4G LTE versions when I bought them.
    01-02-15 09:58 PM
    Please dont tell my Playbook that Playbook is officially dead. I just got the charging dock in the mail today.

I Luvs my Playbook(s).

All is ok. The title is misleading. It's just very unlikely there will be an OS update.

The PlayBook is a great device, just check out the Greatest Apps and Games ever listings in the PB Apps and Games forum. You can set the PlayBook up as you like with the selection of Apps and Games available. Sideload a few and your PlayBook will be sorted. You may be missing some of the more recent 'fad apps'....but that may be a blessing!!

It's true about the faster LTE version. It's a lot snappier. Pick one of those up if you can!

01-03-15 01:38 AM
    My Passport...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    01-03-15 05:08 AM
    I use my PlayBook as a dab radio, have bought myself an Ipad but will not be buying the iPhone will keep my z10

Posted via CB10
    01-07-15 08:22 AM
    Two of our 4 PlayBooks died. Moved on to HP Stream 7 for the time being.

Come on BlackBerry! Give me a quad core 3GB PlayBook 2, like yesterday.
    DarkJoker33 likes this.
    01-08-15 11:58 AM

I Luvs my Playbook(s).

I've had my charging dock since a week or so after I got my PB. Can't live without it, get a full charge in a little over and hour.

Posted from Zedrick the 10th
    01-10-15 09:18 AM
404 ... 1011121314 ...