Really! Yes

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 08:52 PM
    06-28-16 08:53 PM
    Nothing can replace the multitasking. That is all.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-16 09:00 PM
    Nothing can replace the multitasking. That is all.

Posted via CB10

Not even a Windows 10 Professional tablet?
    07-06-16 08:19 AM
    Not even a Windows 10 Professional tablet?
    I haven't try them yet. It's my next purchase.
    Just a bit afraid about the same app gap as BlackBerry.

I'm just very disappointed about my expensive ipad air that can't even keep 3 Internet tab open without reloading when you switch between them. Same things for app.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-16 08:27 AM
    I haven't try them yet. It's my next purchase.
    Just a bit afraid about the same app gap as BlackBerry.

I'm just very disappointed about my expensive ipad air that can't even keep 3 Internet tab open without reloading when you switch between them. Same things for app.

Posted via CB10
    With Windows 10 Pro you've got access to the enormous 'app' legacy of Microsoft Windows. No need to worry, as it's the best selection of apps in the world.
    07-06-16 08:37 AM
    What's with this Windows 10 Pro stuff. My cheap ($100) Windows amateur tablet can out multitask the Playbook. Plus, I dual boot Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 on it- how many tabs can do that? I, for one, prefer W 8.1 over W 10 on a small screen (8 inch, in my case) tablet, and those Playbook users who like the PB's bezel swipes will feel right at home with 8.1, since 8.1 makes extensive use of this feature (W 10, not so much). As for the app gap, it's getting smaller all the time, and as tens of millions of people take advantage of Microsoft's free upgrade to W 10, it'll likely get much smaller in a hurry.
    07-06-16 04:09 PM
    As a Tablet the PlayBook is still solid. Games and Apps still good. Most fad or social apps you use on your phone, so the PlayBook is still decent for productivity especially.

PlayBook UK Channel C001CB4A1
    anon(5597702) and BoneMatrix like this.
    07-11-16 07:26 PM
    Still using it daily to monitor the stock market, update spreadsheet on the phone, watch movies, listen to music watch live soccer (Euro 2016 was great). All through the BlackBerry Bridge (no wifi or mobile hotspot). That's what makes the PlayBook irreplaceable.
    09-10-16 08:12 PM
    I trust my Playbook to go to my bank site. I could not really trust a windows mobile nor android to do that. The 1gb ram, dual front facing speakers and easy cifs connectivity make the playbook a workhorse to contend with still.
    syclone1978 likes this.
    09-12-16 07:43 PM
    Windows 10 is the natural migration path forward for people leaving the Playbook/BB10. The problem is that I haven't found anything to duplicate the functionality of bridge connecting a BB10 phone with a Playbook.

Posted via CB10
    09-17-16 11:12 AM
    Windows 10 is the natural migration path forward for people leaving the Playbook/BB10.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. From one dead ecosystem to another. Makes one feel right at home.

Going from 0.2% market share to 0.7% market share is a big win.
    09-17-16 11:30 AM

OVER THREE TIMES the penetration!1!!
    09-19-16 07:59 AM
    Still using it everyday

Posted via CB10
    Joey Hutchison and BoneMatrix like this.
    09-23-16 05:38 AM
    No need to replace it.
    If u hav requirements which it fullfils then use it. Government agencies require security, calls, texts & emails.
    They don't need to play games &/ or send pictures of food/ jokes etc.
    If one has such requirements then go for a device that fullfils these requirements, bb10/ cryptophone.
    If your requirements include the above mentioned cases then get a device that fulfills it.
    Blackberry has/ is coming up with even such devices - priv, dtek50, Mercury.
    They r giving us the best environment for both use cases.
    What else can we ask for ?

EDIT: if u r not comfy with even that, then hav 2 devices, say - a q10/ classic & a cheap Android.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Last edited by blackmass; 09-25-16 at 04:27 AM.
    BoneMatrix likes this.
    09-25-16 04:11 AM
    if nothing can replace, then i will replace it
    09-25-16 07:48 AM
    I see after reading through some of these threads that you guys are pretty dedicated to the BB hardware. I get it; I first came to Mobile Nations via the venerable HP Touchpad (still have 2 running Android 6.0.1).

Anyhow, one of the old Touchpads died and I found a lot of tablets on ShopGoodWill . com that had two HP Touchpads in it along with a couple of other tablets. Low and behold, one of those is a 32GB BB Playbook. Looks like it hasn't been charged in sometime, but it is taking a charge just fine. Even though it's pretty old by modern standards (as are my Touchpads), I certainly look forward to playing around with it.

I don't know that I will be able to, but I hope to find a way into the OS (via something similar to DingleBerry); I work on a version of QNX daily - I work as a Controls Engineer in a power generation setting and one of our control systems uses QNX across 3 controllers to run/protect our steam turbine. We'll see...

Anyhow, it's good to find a community that is a dedicated to the PlayBook as the HP Touchpad guys are to that tablet...

Z
    09-29-16 07:15 PM

... you consider Microsoft Windows to be 'dead'? And you think Microsoft Windows has a 0.7% market share? Or did you mean just the crappy Metro app bit that nobody uses on Windows anyway because it pales in comparison to the rest of the stuff Windows can do?
    10-11-16 12:03 PM
    ... you consider Microsoft Windows to be 'dead'? And you think Microsoft Windows has a 0.7% market share? Or did you mean just the crappy Metro app bit that nobody uses on Windows anyway because it pales in comparison to the rest of the stuff Windows can do?
    Windows Phone market share sinks below 1 percent - The Verge
    10-11-16 02:08 PM
    Windows Phone is the same thing as Windows Professional? Wow ... didn't know that, thanks
    10-11-16 02:19 PM
    Windows Phone is the same thing as Windows Professional? Wow ... didn't know that, thanks
    "Moving from BB10 to Windows 10" doesn't conjure up replacing a phone with a laptop for most people, but I see how some might see it that way.
    10-11-16 02:20 PM