Well, if they don't rush any update, they then may have found a way to make money from the tablet business and are focused on this ?

Updating the PB OS could harm potential future sales...

In that case, then non updating could be a good news.

Any new BlackBerry product is!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 09:56 AM
    Good news for whom? Customers ripped off with false promises?
    06-20-13 10:11 AM
    No one got ripped off. Get a grip. I bought a PlayBook on day one and it has always performed well, in fact, it has improved my productivity in more ways than I can count. The fact that it doesn't have any bridge function doesn't surprise me as BlackBerry 10 is miles ahead of the PlayBook OS. I'm sure that the only way we are going to see BlackBerry 10 on a tablet, is when the dummy tablets are released by blackberry. These will have the processing and memory that is needed for a BlackBerry 10 experience. I'm sure that the blackberry techs had the best of intentions and are still working on a BB10 lite for existing play books, but it is not as important as the current task of saving the company with the new line up. IMHO.

Posted via CB10
    El Bori and anon(3896606) like this.
    06-20-13 10:31 AM
    I did get the PlayBook after it was discounted and RIM promised BB10. Could have bought a Kindle Fire or something like that instead ...
    FF22, therealjoeblow and SifJar like this.
    06-20-13 02:11 PM
    Not having 10.1/10.2 on Z10 is good news?
    06-20-13 04:13 PM
    how is that good news sounds ridiculous do you have shares in rim or 100% shares in your playbook
    06-20-13 06:47 PM
    Well, if they don't rush any update, they then may have found a way to make money from the tablet business and are focused on this ?

In that case, then non updating could be a good news.

Any new BlackBerry product is!

Posted via CB10
    how is that good news sounds ridiculous do you have shares in rim or 100% shares in your playbook
    06-20-13 06:48 PM
    I did get the PlayBook after it was discounted and RIM promised BB10. Could have bought a Kindle Fire or something like that instead ...
    You still can. You are complaining that you purchased at a discount, but you would rather have a Kindle? The PlayBook for me crushes a Kindle. But different strokes I suppose.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:10 PM
    @canuck_67
    It is simply very logic that people are upset if they decided to buy a product and later have to find out they were fooled by the company...you're a fanboy and don't care - other's are customers and do not like to be fooled. It seems you simply live in a different fanboy world where criticism is an unkown word. It does not matter if it was dicounted or not!
    06-21-13 07:30 AM
    Actually I own an iPhone, and a e-reader tablet as well. So take your fan boy comment and shove it up your arse. I have noticed that no matter what people want to *****, **** and moan. I was told by GM that my new truck would get 31 mpg. Guess what? It doesn't. So do I get on a GM site and whine about how I have been done wrong? No. I'm an adult. Life is full of disappointing things. People need to get a grip. And if you don't like my comment, thats your issue. Keep it that way.

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 10:30 AM
    Plenty of gadget considering your current signature as well. Maybe you can try to put yourself into someone's shoes who is not able to afford many devices or replacing the ones he/she got just because they didn't turn out to be what was advertised. Those people need to make profound decisions based on the information they are given by vendors. And guess what, they are really disappointed if it turns out that they've been lied to.

I'd feel betrayed by BlackBerry if there was no BB10 update for the PlayBook. There's no need to hold it back just because somebody could call me whiny. I'm also old enough not to feel offended if somebody gets passionate because of my honest statements ...

I learned my lessons from investing money in a new BlackBerry product. Only getting used BBs from eBay nowadays. So far, they all served their purpose exactly as advertised. My old 8520 even gut an OS update in May.
    FF22 likes this.
    06-21-13 11:16 AM
    Actually I own an iPhone, and a e-reader tablet as well. So take your fan boy comment and shove it up your arse. I have noticed that no matter what people want to *****, **** and moan. I was told by GM that my new truck would get 31 mpg. Guess what? It doesn't. So do I get on a GM site and whine about how I have been done wrong? No. I'm an adult. Life is full of disappointing things. People need to get a grip. And if you don't like my comment, thats your issue. Keep it that way.

Posted via CB10
    Well, if you are smart then the reason you don't complain about your truck is because you realize that the salesman was telling you your trucks mpg under optimum conditions. If he specifically stated that your truck would get 31 mpg under any conditions, or if the optimum conditions never occur in the real world where it matters, you would have been right to go onto the website for the dealership that sold it to you or some other forum full of people who own said truck and complain about the salesmans tactics, even take it to the owner of the dealership if you had to, and further if necessary, notifying GM of the bad reputation this dealership is giving them. If you didn't then you would be a fool, a fanboy who just accepts whatever bs came out of the dealers/companies mouth.

Some of us are not fools. We were told specifically we would get BB10, so any indication from insiders or others with possible access to the correct info that we won't, while said info is taken with a grain of salt, is disheartening to say the least. BlackBerry is doing nothing to alleviate these concerns, when asked they dodge the question as well as a US politician dodges questions.

We complain because we were loyal to this ecosystem when it was struggling, and we are being publically ignored and dismissed. You ever hear that old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease"? We are squeaky wheels, clamoring for some grease.

Don't post your comment in a public forum without expecting the public to answer. Everybody who doesn't like your comment with the gumption to post, will post. Deal with it.
    JWWDUKE likes this.
    06-21-13 11:42 AM
    << kiss >> << kiss>>

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 08:02 PM