No Work Mode
When I first started using my PlayBook I noticed a Work Mode but didn't pay much attention to it. After reading all of the stuff for BB10 it dawned on my that Work Mode would be perfect. The ironic thing is that now I can't seem to locate it or how to enable it. Was I imagining such a feature on OS 2.1.x or is there something I may have done to disable it? Any guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks!
- CrackBerry Genius
02-05-13, 05:26 PM #4
- 1,503 Posts
- 0 Post(s)
- 0 Thread(s)
This is not totally accurate.
You can get work mode if you connect to your e-mail, contacts, and calendar via Microsoft Exchange / Active Sync as well.
I had my e-mail setup as an IMAP for about a year and when i did a wipe of my playbook just clicked on the ActiveSync (as opposed to IMAP) option to setup my e-mail, entered all my information and to my surprise the "Work" mode appeared immediately after.
I am 100% sure that my employer does not have a BES or Mobile Fusion and am using the Wifi only 16gb playbook that I personally bought (my employer doesn't provide corporate cellphones, let alone tablets), our e-mail server is hosted by Zimbra but i don't know if that makes a difference or not.
Thanks BB, I think that may have been what I had done previously as I had an Exchange server for my school account. I think they've since moved to Office 365 and I've redone the account. Perhaps this is what caused it to disappear?
- By FociPhil in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 6Last Post: 05-05-09, 02:29 PM
- By rodrigo_emiliano in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 3Last Post: 09-21-08, 08:45 AM
- By bmorris in forum Mac UsersReplies: 10Last Post: 09-01-08, 01:30 PM
- By smeg in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 10Last Post: 01-18-08, 09:55 PM
- By dave_sz in forum BlackBerry Curve 83xxReplies: 9Last Post: 01-18-08, 06:50 PM