Just downloaded the new OS update and now I have no access to the web on the browser and VERY SLOW access via the bridge browser. It shows that I am connected to my wifi, I've checked that the wifi has connectivity to the net. App world connects. The weather app that came with the device says no connectivity.

I've restarted the device multiple times. Any suggestions on how to either go back to the prior version of the OS or how to reload the update again?

I'm stuck.....I need this thing to work for my business!

Also the RDM+ (remote desktop software) doesnt work which also points to lack of wifi connection.
    11-24-11 12:03 PM
    Try deleting your wifi profile and connecting to wifi again. If you have the same wifi profile in your phone and you are bridged, the wifi profile in your phone may get copied over to the Playbook, so delete it there too.
    11-24-11 12:55 PM
    Deleting the wifi profile got me a few moments of internet access but then it conked out. It connects to my Netgear WAP immediately, I just have no access to the internet.
    11-24-11 06:41 PM
    Deleting the wifi profile got me a few moments of internet access but then it conked out. It connects to my Netgear WAP immediately, I just have no access to the internet.
    This initially happened to me too. I went to WIFI settings selected "saved networks". Then went back to software updates screen and rechecked for updates a couple of times until I got the "you have the latest installed" message. Weird, I know but it is perfectly normal after that.
    11-24-11 07:20 PM
    I had to actually restart my router, seemed to not make much sense to me, but once I did the problem went away (it also affected all my wireless devices, but it only happened after updating and the pb restarting)
    11-24-11 08:18 PM
    No wifi for long here either. I've restarted the PB, dropped and re-created my wifi profile and restarted router. Will let you all know if something actually works to fix it.
    11-24-11 09:04 PM
    Had the issue also with home WiFi rooters - WEP and WAP2. Connected successfully to mobile WPS rooter and just start working without any problems on WEP and WAP ones.

Tryed restarting the PB but it didnt fix the problem.
    11-24-11 10:57 PM
    Had this same issue and tried multiple fixes - but no luck. Finally, BlackBerry technical support let it slip and told me the issue is with the wireless download of the new OS. Apparently, they've had LOTS of users who wirelessly downloaded the latest OS update have issues with their Playbook browser - no connectivity, poor signal strength, etc. Their suggestion is to turn the PB off, launch the BlackBerry Desktop application and plug the PB in via the USB cable. The desktop application will ask if you want to "update" and when you say yes, it loads the new OS via the USB cable from your computer - apparently this solves the issue. Haven't tried it yet....
    11-25-11 12:11 PM
    I deleted my wifi network profile after having wifi dropping out constantly, then did a manual setup (where it says "connect manually") and now things are working great! Actually browsing is now waaaay faster than before this update, which is awesome. I'm actually seriously impressed with the speed now.

EDIT: wifi still dropping out

EDIT: wifi connection issue fixed.

Just changed my router from b/g/n to b/g and things are much better now. No more dropped wifi and very fast browsing. YMMV, but it seems to be FIXED.
    This seems to be working for me also. On my linksys router settings I changed my network mode from 'mixed' to 'b/g mixed'.
    I have no idea how you thought up this fix js8229, but it seems to be working.
    Last edited by Jake2826; 11-25-11 at 06:10 PM.
    11-25-11 01:00 PM
    I deleted my wifi network profile after having wifi dropping out constantly, then did a manual setup (where it says "connect manually") and now things are working great! Actually browsing is now waaaay faster than before this update, which is awesome. I'm actually seriously impressed with the speed now.

EDIT: wifi still dropping out
    Backup and try the post above yours.
    js8229 likes this.
    11-25-11 01:32 PM
    @kbz1960 thank you for that. I think there's something going on with the OTA update. I connected to DM and it told me that I had 1.0.0 installed (PB showed 1.0.8), and gave me the option to install 1.0.8.

This also explains why the PB, once wiped, offered to install (again) 1.0.8. I will update if this has any effect as I'm updating my PB from DM now.

Edit: Nothing to see here. Move along. After update through DM, still disconnecting after about 30-60 seconds. Ugh.
    Last edited by js8229; 11-25-11 at 04:12 PM.
    11-25-11 03:52 PM
    Just changed my router from b/g/n to b/g and things are much better now. No more dropped wifi and very fast browsing. YMMV, but it seems to be FIXED.

Now, RIM, go fix your wifi code and release an update.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    11-25-11 04:38 PM
    This seems to be working for me also. On my linksys router settings I changed my network mode from 'mixed' to 'b/g mixed'.

I have no idea how you thought up this fix js8229, but it seems to be working.
    11-25-11 05:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD