I've just update my PlayBoy to the official OS 2.0 and there is no wallpaper in Pictures Folder (I did the Security Wipe before updating). Is there any wallpaper that comes with the new OS? Or maybe I do something wrong and lost them, how to get them back?
    02-21-12 07:36 PM
    I've just update my PlayBoy to the official OS 2.0 and there is no wallpaper in Pictures Folder (I did the Security Wipe before updating). Is there any wallpaper that comes with the new OS? Or maybe I do something wrong and lost them, how to get them back?
    I still have a Wallpapers folder in Pictures after loading 2.0 - it just has 25 stock Blackberry pictures. Be sure it is not at the bottom of your screen.
    02-21-12 07:58 PM
    Tkz for reply. I did get the default wallpapers in OS 1.xxx. After doing security wipe, they still remained. But my Pictures folder in new OS 2.0 is really empty, can't see any picture/wallpaper in the folder. I tried to reload the OS again with BDM with no success.
    02-21-12 08:08 PM
    I updated to 2.0 then did a security wipe which is the proper way to load a new firmware, then set up as if it were shipped with the 2.0 OS went throught the setup procedure and noticed by default there is no wallpapers or Folder preloaded into the OS, my pictures folder is blank, also presentation mode is F****ed up too, im rolling back
    02-21-12 09:21 PM
    I still have a Wallpapers folder in Pictures after loading 2.0 - it just has 25 stock Blackberry pictures. Be sure it is not at the bottom of your screen.
    They are whats left over from the old 1.8 OS, if you ever have to do a security wipe or hard reset you will lose all of them because by default there is no preloaded wallpapers, i have spoke to Blacberry today and they said they will have to get back to me on it as they were not aware of this
    02-21-12 09:24 PM
    Upgraded without any issues and no security wipe needed. The wallpaper I had set before the upgrade had been reset to a plain background. Opened my picture folder and after finding my picture I had used before, set it as wallpaper again and now everything is back the way it was before.
    02-21-12 09:27 PM
    Upgraded without any issues and no security wipe needed. The wallpaper I had set before the upgrade had been reset to a plain background. Opened my picture folder and after finding my picture I had used before, set it as wallpaper again and now everything is back the way it was before.
    Please read my above quote, if you ever have to do a hard reset or ("security wipe"if youre in the US) you wont have any preloaded wallpapers
    02-21-12 09:34 PM
    Fixed with factory reset . I connected my PB to PC and opened BDM. Once reset the PB, BDM will promt me to update. Then I clicked Update and wait...
    02-21-12 10:08 PM
    All the same to me after just upgrading without a wipe. All the wallpaper are there and I even don't need to re-set my favorite wall paper.
    02-21-12 10:23 PM
    tarmpung,

Can you walk us through the steps to do a factory reset to recover the default wallpaper/pictures.

Thanks

Edit, Found it (Search is my friend)
    Last edited by JGUZEK; 02-22-12 at 11:14 AM.
    02-22-12 11:05 AM
    I'm on the same boat as OP, did a security wipe then upgrade and voila lost all wallpapers. bump.
    02-24-12 04:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD