it seems as if the update to the beta 2.0 now blocks the localbar app. It was an awsome app i guess RIM got wind of it and blocked its function in the update. Did anyone else notice this or is it just me?
    11-25-11 08:27 AM
    The installer used localhost to install .bar files and it has ben blocked in 2.0 so this idea is probably dead. Shame... RIM your killing alternate app sources. I understand they want to keep rouge software from being installed but I dont see why there cant just be a box to check to allow this. Either approve native email apps and alternate browsers or allow this. Youll probably end up with more customers in the end either way. If this wa enabled then you could easily make third party app stores.

End terribly disorganized rant.
    11-25-11 10:03 AM
    they want to keep rouge software from being installed
    We must be ever vigilant in the face of this rouge threat!
    11-26-11 10:29 PM
    We must be ever vigilant in the face of this rouge threat!
    Live in fear of the Menace Rouge!!
    11-27-11 12:33 PM
    Oh good, I thought I was the only one for a second... It's coming to take all of our playbooks from us and infect them with iOS *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!*
    11-27-11 01:47 PM
    To be honest if one of the major selling points of the PB is meant to be security I can see why RIM have blocked Local Bar, I used it a lot and it was incredibly handy when I was away from home but I can see why they've done it and if it helps make the device more secure then good on RIM.
    11-27-11 01:47 PM
    The functionality may just have been broken, not blocked, with the newest update. It is a Dev Beta and not meant to be a complete OS yet. Without knowing the reason why it is not working, it's a little presumptuous to start vilifying RIM for this.

I will wait to hear from the dev of localbar before placing angry blame on RIM.
    11-27-11 01:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD