It's there a way to remove the Android browser from the Android running time?

I don't see the point when it can just open the link via the PB's official browser.

It can save some memory and space.

Also, RIM remove the bottom bar when you swipe down on an android app. I see no reason for it since the two features can be done by finger gestures.
    07-20-12 04:38 PM
    Nope, you can't remove it (unless you still happen to be on a rootable OS, then you could probably do it). It is a bit of a nuisance, especially with Dolphin installed (which I generally use for opening links in Android apps rather than the PB stock browser).

And I agree about the bottom bar, it is useless, even more so in the 2.1 beta where your recent apps are no longer displayed on the bar (seeing as Android apps now each have their own window). Hopefully that will mean it will be removed in 2.1 official.
    07-20-12 04:46 PM
    Nope, you can't remove it (unless you still happen to be on a rootable OS, then you could probably do it). It is a bit of a nuisance, especially with Dolphin installed (which I generally use for opening links in Android apps rather than the PB stock browser).

And I agree about the bottom bar, it is useless, even more so in the 2.1 beta where your recent apps are no longer displayed on the bar (seeing as Android apps now each have their own window). Hopefully that will mean it will be removed in 2.1 official.
    Hopefully OS 2.1 fixes this.
    07-21-12 09:33 PM
    the toggle switch on the right end of the bar should hide it.
    07-21-12 09:54 PM
    the toggle switch on the right end of the bar should hide it.
    Yes, but it reappears every time you swipe down from the top to simulate pressing the "Menu" button on an actual Android device.
    07-22-12 06:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD