Lately, I have had yet another issue with the Playbook. It will be on and sitting on the desk unplugged while I work. I will notice I hadnt heard anything from the PB for awhile, so I swipe up to check on it. It wont wake up, but the red light will blink like a notification is present. Power button wont work, three button reset just causes the red light to come on for a few seconds and turn off. The only way to bring it back to life is to do the 0% battery trick (plugging it in and unplugging it several times until it reboots). After which I will see that it still has a ton of battery in it (one time as much as 80%).

This issue seems to happen mostly at night, and mostly when the device has been set aside for a long time. If the device is being used, or is woken periodically, it will not do this. I am wary to wipe YET AGAIN (almost 10 times in the past 2 months). Any ideas? I hate to think that I have to get ANOTHER Playbook. Considering that the device will never get any better, I might be inclined to get the Tab3.
    08-27-13 01:37 PM
    Sounds like a deep sleep issue but I wouldnt know how to fix it really other than a wipe maybe
    08-27-13 01:51 PM
    After i got my z10 recently, i havent touch my PB for 2 days. This morning when im about to use it, its very very slow, clicking any wifi, battery, bluetooth, etc icon takes a while to respond. A reset makes it work the way it used to be.
    08-28-13 07:48 AM
    After i got my z10 recently, i havent touch my PB for 2 days. This morning when im about to use it, its very very slow, clicking any wifi, battery, bluetooth, etc icon takes a while to respond. A reset makes it work the way it used to be.
    Im sick to death of resetting this damn thing. If I have to reset this device near daily in order to retain functionality, its clearly a crappy device and I am long overdue to switch.
    08-28-13 10:55 AM
    Mustard Seed - do you have a B10 device bridged to the PlayBook?

I have found BB10 bridge really causes me issues when connected.

From my Q5
    08-28-13 07:24 PM
    You might be surprised to experience similar issue with your new tablet. Sudden battery charge drop and/or "deep sleep" happens with other devices as well.

On topic: I have experienced the same problem twice with two different Playbooks.
    I didn't play with plugging/unplugging but just left the tablet on charging pod for awhile - 10 minutes or so and then reset. Unpleasant, indeed. But very rare issue.
    08-31-13 06:23 AM
    Im sick to death of resetting this damn thing. If I have to reset this device near daily in order to retain functionality, its clearly a crappy device and I am long overdue to switch.
    Plug the tablet into the AC charger and leave it alone for a few hours. I had the same behaviour from my BlackBerry Z10 and the remedy proposed resolved the issue after the third occurrence. As for the BlackBerry PlayBook I recommend letting the battery discharge to zero percent and auto-shutdown engages; the full discharge (0% battery meter reading) is not the same as a raw battery full discharge so no damage will occur to the battery.
    08-31-13 08:05 AM
    As for the BlackBerry PlayBook I recommend letting the battery discharge to zero percent and auto-shutdown engages.
    That is a total no-no on the Playbook. Probably the most common Playbook problem occurs from people letting their battery level get too low. Search on stack charge in this forum for proof of this.
    08-31-13 08:37 AM
    That is a total no-no on the Playbook. Probably the most common Playbook problem occurs from people letting their battery level get too low. Search on stack charge in this forum for proof of this.
    Rubbish.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-05-13 09:42 PM
    Rubbish.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    Good response. I'm guessing that you didn't do a search on "stack charge" like I suggested.
    Carl Estes likes this.
    09-06-13 04:02 PM