Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default New Updates - More Lag?

Hi,

While I am very convinced of the design and user interface of the Playbook (neither IOS nor Android are this intuitive) I have to say I am not too pleased with the updates 2.1 and following. Is it just me or do other people feel that the tablet slowed down a lot as well? Yes there were bugfixes that I really needed (e.g. wifi droppings) and new features that I personally did not need but sure are nice to have. But now the browser once really nice and fast is horribly slow! E.g. if I want to load The Daily Show with Jon Stewart - Political Comedy - Fake News | Comedy Central it takes about 40-60 seconds until the page is fully loaded (and it is not my internet line). Also scrolling larger pages feels laggy and is not smooth anymore. Extremely annoying is though that I also have a significant lag now in my email program when typing. I used to love the keyboard, but now it is quite painful sometimes.

Also I have the feeling that the app market is not cared for enough by some publishers. Some of the apps I used a lot (like some decent webradio apps; e.g. Radio Monte Carlo...and there are hardly any good ones anyways) do not work/connect anymore. Also updates are not available for Playbook users (Splashtop HD) and some Apps that I really like will apparently never make it to the Playbook. I would really like to use XBMC, Zattoo, a working DLNA solution (incl. renderer), Smartglass. Do you guys think it will get better with BB10 or is it worth to have a look at the Android competition?
    CrackBerry Abuser

A lot of people have reported a full reinstall of the OS solves this. I have noticed it as well (on occasion) and am about to do the same.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,936 Global Posts
    PIN
    excepting applications

Default New Updates - More Lag?

It will absolutely get better with BlackBerry10 DLNA is coming to PlayBook and possibly usbotg along with a flood of apps. I could go on and on about how BlackBerry10 will make the PlayBook experience better but its late and I'm tired

Sent from my BlackBerry by. choice using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

The worst thing you could ever experience is keyboard lag, my pb will take like 15-20 seconds to respond on any website and it also randomizes the letters I type making it difficult to put passwords in, RIM could have Underclocked the pb a smidge with a update to get rid of battery drain issues but I doubt it. It could just be low memory..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Just curious, how much free disk space do you guys have left?
    CrackBerry User

a few nights ago i did a de-brick restore (desktop manager) just for the fun of it.
    The new update is faster, and better battery life.
    When i installed the update with just a wipe before i really didn't see much difference, a lil more battery drain thats it.
    but after a de-brick everything loads faster. The desktop manager reinstall took around 25 min, i think.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

If I make a complete reinstall of the OS will it automatically download all my apps or do I have to manually do it all over again?
    CrackBerry Abuser

You have to reinstall everything from the MyWorld tab in AppWorld.
    Palerider89 likes this.