Hey guys,

I just picked up a new playbook and Bold 9900. SO far Im loving them. However, I have a 2 questions.

1) I couldnt find a Playbook with a silver frame, similar to my Bold, I could only find it in black. Is there a difference between the two besides the face? And can I have the switch out to silver to match my Bold?

2) It is running the OS: 1.08.6067. And Ive heard an awful lot about the Beta 2. Why does it not promt me for the update?

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks!
    12-17-11 05:37 PM
    1.) No such thing as a playbook with silver bezel.

2.) Beta means it's not official and therefore will never given to you directly as a OTA update.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-11 06:41 PM
    re 2
    you have to register your pin for a 24 hour window to download the updated OS.

register here for 2.0.0.4xxx
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...et20/register/

register here for 2.0.0.6xxx
    https://bdsc.webapps.blackberry.com/...beta/register/

the 6xxx is the newest one that sports a2dp.
    12-17-11 06:51 PM
    I've seen another reference to a SILVER framed pb - overseas? Is there a cosmetically different one available over "there" somewhere? Or is it just that photo images are reflecting light differently?
    12-17-11 07:51 PM
    I've seen another reference to a SILVER framed pb - overseas? Is there a cosmetically different one available over "there" somewhere? Or is it just that photo images are reflecting light differently?
    the bezel isnt really black its an off shade and i think this is where people are coming up with this grey frame stuff.
    12-17-11 08:54 PM
    1) there's just one model - Black

2) DO NOT update to BETAs until being a pro & eventually loving pb
    12-17-11 09:28 PM
    1) there's just one model - Black

2) DO NOT update to BETAs until being a pro & eventually loving pb
    sorry but i disagree. get the new beta build 6xxx, its great now. stable, fast and oh so good. even the keyboard is better to type with.
    12-18-11 03:00 PM
    sorry but i disagree. get the new beta build 6xxx, its great now. stable, fast and oh so good. even the keyboard is better to type with.
    100% agree with CanadianThomas. I have no problem with OS2 now. Wifi is very good and the browser is very fast. Also if you have an android app you just gotta have many of them are now working perfectly with OS2.
    12-18-11 06:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD