Hey guys, not only am I a new member here at crackberry, but I'm soon to be a first time Blackberry owner. My playbook is going to arrive here tomorrow sometime! (I'm excited)

I had a question though. My concern was with the decision to update it to 2.0 or leave it at the firmware I receive it at?

Could anyone tell me if it is worth it to just use the 2.0 beta and get the android market...or do you guys think that there will be an official 2.0 CFW in no time at all?

Thank you in advance for your advice and answers!
    02-23-12 08:33 PM
    welcome! i'm new to this site also and a first time blackberry owner...i just got a playbook a couple days ago n im lovin it! not sure what u mean by an offical 2.0 CFW but while setting up my playbook and the wifi, it automatically updated to 2.0. I did have an issue with wifi connecting after the 2.0 update but a security wipe helped solve it.
    02-23-12 08:47 PM
    Well first, I have been curious how to do a security wipe as I've heard a lot about that. If you could clear that up I would appreciate.

I guess what I'm getting at is, is updating to 2.0 a good idea right now? I'm guessing it is because dingleberry has already said that they will release their root soon.

But you said that the update happened automatically?

I'm sure I'm going to love my playbook when it arrives tomorrow also. Unfortunately I won't get to play with it as much as I'd like, because I'm going to do a full brake job on my car tomorrow -_-
    02-23-12 08:55 PM
    To do a security wipe you just bring down the settings menu (swipe down) and click the security tab then security wipe...But ya when you first turn on your playbook and set it up, it gives you the option to set up your wifi...after your setup it searches for updates and installs 2.0 automatically
    Wat3rloo likes this.
    02-23-12 09:34 PM
    The setup process for the pb requires it to use wifi (make sure battery is nicely charged) to actually initialize. So you have no choice - OS2 will be part of the setup process. Plan for 30-50 minutes for the setup. You, again, will NEED WIFI.

Security wipe more or less sets it back to clean, no apps, no files. It is contained in the Options/security on the pb.
    Wat3rloo likes this.
    02-23-12 09:43 PM
    Oh, ok guys. Thanks a lot for all of the information. I'm so anxious!
    02-23-12 09:53 PM
    If Android applications are your main concern, the BlackBerry PlayBook is not for you (OP). On the other hand, if the availability of some Android applications and the possibility of more such applications is merely a bonus, the BlackBerry PlayBook might be the right tablet for you. Welcome to CrackBerry Nation where an interest in all things BlackBerry is your passport.
    02-23-12 10:42 PM
    If Android applications are your main concern, the BlackBerry PlayBook is not for you (OP). On the other hand, if the availability of some Android applications and the possibility of more such applications is merely a bonus, the BlackBerry PlayBook might be the right tablet for you. Welcome to CrackBerry Nation where an interest in all things BlackBerry is your passport.
    Well any tablet this beautiful at the price of $199 is for me! But I ultimately am interested in android aps. It is my understanding though that once it is rooted we can access the android market itself and install any aps we want? Or do they still not all work?

*Sorry about the newbie questions. Thank you for your interest though*
    02-23-12 11:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD