Got an email yesterday for a new survey. I encourage anyone belonging there to take it and even those who don't to join and take the survey. I answered honestly and 1 regret, I forgot to mention that these issues with having a dead battery and not being able to charge and jumping thru hoops to get it to take a charge is unacceptable.
    New beta zone survey-beta-zone.png
    BerryClever likes this.
    10-13-12 07:06 AM
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/surveys/respond/5125

Fyi
    Here's what I filled in the "what i want the most"

1. Bridge phone call;
    2. Asian language support;
    3. Bring the android return gesture to native apps,especially the browser,and get rid of the title bar.
    4. An option to hide the bottom bar in the android player.

I forgot to write "disable android apps autorun"...
    10-13-12 07:43 AM
    Got an email yesterday for a new survey. I encourage anyone belonging there to take it and even those who don't to join and take the survey. I answered honestly and 1 regret, I forgot to mention that these issues with having a dead battery and not being able to charge and jumping thru hoops to get it to take a charge is unacceptable.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beta zone.PNG 
Views:	108 
Size:	60.4 KB 
ID:	122983
    In your honor, here's what I answered:

"The current CHARGING method where if the battery inadvertanty hits "zero" (or too low) making it nearly impossible to just plug it in and recharge is a major flaw. Stack Charging, the suggested method to overcome this deficiency, is very hit and miss. I have a number of devices with rechargeable batteries and even if I leave them alone for months or longer, I just plug them in and they eventually recharge without playing plug/unplug games over and over."
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-13-12 01:26 PM
    My summary was:

"I had hoped that some of the year long deficiencies would have been addressed by 2.1. As I've indicated above, the absence of Folders is a dramatic flaw. Sorting through hundreds of documents or thousands of photos (the photo album being somewhat of an exception) to find an item is not user friendly. Similarly, Bookmark management is still missing. I find it strange that after more than a year, I still canNOT search for text on a webpage or in a pdf file. These are features that have been included in BB phones for ages and are sorely lacking. A Universal Search function would also help. Similarly, the inability to be looking at a photo or document and not be able to simply "ATTACH" it to an email as I can do on my bb phone is a disappointment."
    10-13-12 01:42 PM
    My summary was:

"I had hoped that some of the year long deficiencies would have been addressed by 2.1. As I've indicated above, the absence of Folders is a dramatic flaw. Sorting through hundreds of documents or thousands of photos (the photo album being somewhat of an exception) to find an item is not user friendly. Similarly, Bookmark management is still missing. I find it strange that after more than a year, I still canNOT search for text on a webpage or in a pdf file. These are features that have been included in BB phones for ages and are sorely lacking. A Universal Search function would also help. Similarly, the inability to be looking at a photo or document and not be able to simply "ATTACH" it to an email as I can do on my bb phone is a disappointment."
    That is darn close to mine. I said it should have the functionality of the current phones also. That and a dang multi platform IM app that doesn't time out in the background.
    10-13-12 01:58 PM
    Beta zone is still not available in my country
    10-14-12 03:17 AM
    Well bummer, maybe you can use a proxy?
    diegonei likes this.
    10-14-12 04:48 AM
    Yes bummer and weird, we did have blackberry jam last month in Amsterdam, but we can't register for beta zone!
    10-14-12 06:15 AM
    I think that 2.1 did not move the ball forward much and took a really long time to be released. I told RIM so in the response to the survey.

I hope we get BB10 soon and that it is really good.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-14-12 09:44 AM
    https://www.blackberry.com/beta/surveys/respond/5125

Fyi
    Here's what I filled in the "what i want the most"

1. Bridge phone call;
    2. Asian language support;
    3. Bring the android return gesture to native apps,especially the browser,and get rid of the title bar.

I forgot to write "disable android apps autorun"...
    zhe ge ke yi you o : ), zhe di fang ying gai mei ji ge ren kan dong zhe ju hua le ba
    10-15-12 08:32 AM
    The lack of bookmark management was my number one complaint. I also want to see them do a little better at managing the panes. Dragging an icon over more than about 2 pains is a real "pane" in the a$$ - and forget about moving an entire pane, it can't be done.
    10-15-12 03:20 PM
    Print! Print! Print!

I want to be able to print from my PlayBook.
    10-16-12 01:23 PM
    The lack of bookmark management was my number one complaint. I also want to see them do a little better at managing the panes. Dragging an icon over more than about 2 pains is a real "pane" in the a$$ - and forget about moving an entire pane, it can't be done.
    My biggest wants as well ... and almost in those exact words. Bookmark management, browser page search, and a better way to organize icons across home screen tabs. But the near total lack of bookmark management is a big bad, in my opinion.

On the plus side, I did let them know that I appreciate bridge SMS and home screen folders (not new, I know, but still a great feature).
    solomon_grundy and kbz1960 like this.
    10-17-12 10:20 AM
    This already is supported and has been since pretty much since the official player was released.
    10-20-12 02:48 PM
    My summary was:

A lot of your suggestions will come with BB10. Browser bookmark management, webage search, universal search, and sharing (pics, documents, etc.) via email (and more) are all already in the recent dev release.

If you want to search pdfs, I highly recommend qPDF. The free version will do just fine, it lets you search pdf files and the navigation functionality is 100 times better than the native adobe app. The premium version is on sale for 50% off right now in app world and allows you to in addition highlight and annotate pdf files.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    10-20-12 02:53 PM
    I answered the survey even though my LTE PB didn't get the update. It was really a really short survey as a result. But suffice it to say, my comment was 100% about this continuance of carriers getting to release an update if they so wish. RIM needs to push the carriers to release 'their branded' OS versions in a more timely manner.
    I have no confidence that I'll see 2.1 before an OS update to BB10 comes and that's not right either, because that too will most likely require a carrier release so us poor suckers who bought the LTE version are in limbo.

Hopefully more beta zone members using the LTE version replied with a common theme...we're still waiting!!
    10-24-12 03:30 PM
    Let's hope it turns out with the LTE that once the radio file isn't going to change at all then you can just get the updates!
    10-24-12 04:37 PM