So far the boot time seems to be a little longer.
    11-22-11 03:54 PM
    At the very least you're being quite the defensive one, or at worst, a horse's ***. My question is succinct and to the point, and not a troll question as your response is...the short of it is there a consumer benefit to downloading a Beta, a benefit or an app that I currently don't have, that I must have now in order for the PB to function properly?
    That depends on your needs. I use the beta for five reasons:

1. Kindle App
    2. Searchable PDF Reader
    3. IM Apps - LiveProfile and Office Talk (MS Office Communicator) so I can IM people at work.
    4. Winamp - so I can hear .wav files (Cisco voicemail sends VM via .wav files to my corporate inbox)
    5. Dabbling in development again for the first time in a decade.

None of the above is available without the 2.0 Beta. Even if #5 wasn't there I'd still use it.
    11-22-11 03:54 PM
    In my case, I had to do a security wipe and re-install the bars. Everything seems to be working fine now.

Great news still part way through the setup as it wanted to download additional stuff and had to take dog out to get the mail..
    11-22-11 03:55 PM
    Anyone try the EA games? Madden, Dead Space, or NFS? Android would be nice but I'd like my paid apps to work. Yes I understand that its beta. I'm just curious.
    11-22-11 03:55 PM
    Anyone try the EA games? Madden, Dead Space, or NFS? Android would be nice but I'd like my paid apps to work. Yes I understand that its beta. I'm just curious.

NFS StarFront and Simcity all worked in the previous betas..
    11-22-11 03:57 PM
    At the very least you're being quite the defensive one, or at worst, a horse's ***. My question is succinct and to the point, and not a troll question as your response is...the short of it is there a consumer benefit to downloading a Beta, a benefit or an app that I currently don't have, that I must have now in order for the PB to function properly?
    We've been waiting OS2.0 for quite sometimes now, since RIM rolled out OS2.0 BETA, we all wanted to know what's in it that's new for us. For me, I like having the folder functions and no more tabs for all the icons. Also the ability to run some Android apps, I want to experience OS2.0 now than waiting until February. And there's no need for the personal attack IMHO.
    BSFA2008 likes this.
    11-22-11 04:00 PM

1. Kindle App
    2. Searchable PDF Reader
    3. IM Apps - LiveProfile and Office Talk (MS Office Communicator) so I can IM people at work.
    4. Winamp - so I can hear .wav files (Cisco voicemail sends VM via .wav files to my corporate inbox)

None of the above is available without the 2.0 Beta. Even if #5 wasn't there I'd still use it.
    Thanks. The above mentioned reasons don't apply to me at the moment. I will wait for the final "hard copy" of the OS when it's available, unless, of course, a future updated beta allows me to bridge my iPhone with the PB, in which case I'll be first in line.
    11-22-11 04:01 PM
    B R I D G E W O R K S ! ! ! ! ! hallelu hallelu:-)
    11-22-11 04:01 PM
    Well ok I guess let me change the question, does Dead Space work?
    11-22-11 04:03 PM
    We've been waiting OS2.0 for quite sometimes now, since RIM rolled out OS2.0 BETA, we all wanted to know what's in it that's new for us. For me, I like having the folder functions and no more tabs for all the icons. Also the ability to run some Android apps, I want to experience OS2.0 now than waiting until February. And there's no need for the personal attack IMHO.

No personal attack intended, just calling it like I saw it when he got all uppity and in my face with his response to my very simple question; did you miss his post?
    11-22-11 04:03 PM
    In my case, I had to do a security wipe and re-install the bars. Everything seems to be working fine now.
    Oh well, it's sucks to have to do a security wipe every time there's an update rolled out. You gotta do what you gotta do. Security wipe, here I come.
    11-22-11 04:05 PM

1. Kindle App
    2. Searchable PDF Reader

Searchable pdf reader?
    11-22-11 04:06 PM
    Oh well, it's sucks to have to do a security wipe every time there's an update rolled out. You gotta do what you gotta do. Security wipe, here I come.
    I'm getting used to it now. I just put all my android bars in one folder and do a batchbar-deploy.
    11-22-11 04:10 PM
    yes. the native pdf reader for the PB is brutally basic. not even a simple search capability. Not fun when you're reading a 300 page 10K and you need to find specific sections/terms.

I use and android app - RepliGo Reader - to get full PDF reader functionality. Works like a charm.
    11-22-11 04:11 PM
    I'm getting used to it now. I just put all my android bars in one folder and do a batchbar-deploy.
    Do you want to explain more on how you do that? Because I'm using DPPB to sideloads all the apps.

yes. the native pdf reader for the PB is brutally basic. not even a simple search capability. Not fun when you're reading a 300 page 10K and you need to find specific sections/terms.

I use and android app - RepliGo Reader - to get full PDF reader functionality. Works like a charm.
    Can you use bookmark on it?
    11-22-11 04:12 PM

Do you have the bar for it? Can i have it?
    snoozininsomniac likes this.
    11-22-11 04:16 PM
    it's linked on the master spreadsheet (fairly sure, unless I grabbed it through Amazon App Store). I'll check.
    11-22-11 04:20 PM
    Put in developer mode and don't see "little green guy" pop up?
    11-22-11 04:21 PM
    It doesn't seem to refresh the page when you hit the back arrow.
    Can anyone confirm this pls?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 04:28 PM
    Do you have the bar for it? Can i have it?
    multiupload link on the 2.0 apps spreadsheet.
    11-22-11 04:29 PM
    You don't need to install Android Player. It is already part of the update. All you need to do is side load apps.
    I don't see the little green man. I tried sideloading anyway Kindle with DDPB and in developer mode!!

And hints?
    11-22-11 04:32 PM
    Can you use bookmark on it?

Not traditional bookmarks. You can use built-in PDF bookmarks, so if the author setup bookmarks you can navigate to them. You can also annotate/comment the pdf, and then navigate the annotations/comments. So instead of a traditional "bookmark" you can put in a comment or sticky and then come back to the sticky - basically the same functionality done a different way.
    11-22-11 04:33 PM
    Hummm, you all are bringing out the experimenter in me. Hummmm...... shall I?

I'll think on it some more.
    steve911 likes this.
    11-22-11 04:33 PM
    If Bridge functionality works, it makes me wonder how many users will be left on 1.0.7 when 2.0 'arrives' in February.
    11-22-11 04:36 PM
    Does anyone now when if ever this beta wil be available in europe i live in the Netherlands and have been waiting for almost to hours stil showing "you currently have the latest software installed" while running 1.0.7. and yes i've registered
    11-22-11 04:44 PM
423 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD