I've got things up and running nicely on yesterday's new beta. My main goal is to use Repligo PDF Reader because... it doesn't suck. I've got it installed but I can't seem to figure out how to actually get my PDFs somewhere on the Playbook that Android apps can see them.

I've also installed Office Suite Pro and can see the same folder structure Repligo sees but I can't actually save newly created documents. Astro File Manager also can't create new folders.

What I'm wondering is how data is handled within the Android Player. Am I looking for functionality that doesn't actually work (yet)? Or am I missing a thread that talks about what I'm trying to do? Any guidance would be appreciated. This product is on the brink of becoming really, really cool. But it needs my data to get anywhere.

Thank you in advance.
    11-24-11 01:31 PM
    For the record I finally figured it out. Using Astro, I was able to find and use a search function and tried to find a string from the title of my sample PDF.

End result: for the Android Player, the standard Playbook data store is at /accounts/1000/shared. So if you're looking for a folder you see as Z:\misc from the perspective of your PC putting data on the Playbook, you'd browse for /accounts/1000/shared/misc/ to find that data.

Repligo works fine. No more crappy Adobe Reader.

Also, as long as I'm trying to write to the same /accounts/1000/shared/ structure, Android apps work as expected.
    11-24-11 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD