Hello friends,
    I'm an average user of my BB PB. I mostly use it to listen music or play some games. As the buttons on top of PB serves various purposes on holding it, like volume-rockers also help jumping to next/previous media in playlist & also as screen capture. The Play/Pause button also had a feature to Mute. Now this button is not working & I'm extremely annoyed by it.
    Neither its pausing/playing the media nor muting the sound. It seems the button is dead, I get no response when I press it. I rarely doubt that its a hardware fault, I'm always responsible with it. Its almost a year old but still maintained as new, it has no wear & tears at all. All other buttons work fine.
    I'm on update 2.0.0.7971. I have stopped updating my PB because last time when I updated, it got bricked after installing the update. After trying for a while it started working properly but the update had took away the ability to root PB. Now the latest posts claiming to be true about killing side loading of apps with its future updates, I don't want to take chances & lose that privilege available on my PB.
    Please provide a solution to my problem. Thank you in advance.

P.S. - Which is the latest update released for PB? Does it block the ability for side loading apps? Does it have any other disadvantages compared to its previous releases?
    Last edited by aleem.114; 09-28-12 at 03:30 PM.
    09-28-12 03:09 PM
    So far NOTHING has blocked sideloading. I have the official .358 and beta .840 on two different pb's and I have sideloaded Android apps on both units.

As for your problem, I guess you've probably tried the various restarts. So either move on to Debrick or call Rim for repair (they will make you try various things).

The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: [email protected] (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    aleem.114 likes this.
    09-29-12 08:58 AM
    There hasn't been an update on here, I'm currently having the same problem with the play/pause/mute button on my PB, I wanted to know if you managed to solve this issue, if so can you please share with us how?

Thanks
    Last edited by Samouz; 01-27-13 at 04:07 AM.
    01-26-13 01:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD